Parents Page

Don't worry about it, things aren't always done in the same order. If its moving things along it means that you'll get rid of hime sooner :D
Not sure if i really want rid of the lazy lump of a teenager haha i must admit tho hes giving it a good bash with the fitness, its only been 5 weeks since we went to afco for info and he was only doing bear minimum! Now hardly see/hear him

After both myself & son speaking to the AFCO hes now going in as AET. Hes got his interview on Thursday but triage nurse phoning him on wednesday morning. Is this normal practice? Personally thought he wouldn't receive anything medical based until the interview was passed but im maybe wrong.
Normal, his full face to face medical will come later.

Normal, his full face to face medical will come later.
My son has just been for his medical, he was told it could take 4wks for them to receive his medical notes from our Gp, they nedd to see these has he broke his wrist when he was litlle.. is this normal ?

My son has just been for his medical, he was told it could take 4wks for them to receive his medical notes from our Gp, they nedd to see these has he broke his wrist when he was litlle.. is this normal ?
It took almost three months for my grandson's medical history to be forwarded to Capita, but that was his GP's fault and nobody else. Eventually and following his successful appeal for a medical, following CAPITA's rejection, he received a very thorough letter from the surgeon Commander RN, allowing his appeal. That letter detailed everything that might have been an issue, including a football ankle injury four years ago, which has not troubled him since. So they will require to see what the wrist injury was all about in order to ensure that it has not left him with a weakness. Just keep chasing up the medical practice if there is any delay.
Good luck and hope he's OK.

He was told if he went to the GP and asked them to send them on it could be quicker ? His BP was also high when taken at the end of the medical.
anything you can do to help the process is not a bad thing, high blood pressure, possibly stress re the medical ask his GP to do it again?

It took almost three months for my grandson's medical history to be forwarded to Capita, but that was his GP's fault and nobody else. Eventually and following his successful appeal for a medical, following CAPITA's rejection, he received a very thorough letter from the surgeon Commander RN, allowing his appeal. That letter detailed everything that might have been an issue, including a football ankle injury four years ago, which has not troubled him since. So they will require to see what the wrist injury was all about in order to ensure that it has not left him with a weakness. Just keep chasing up the medical practice if there is any delay.
Good luck and hope he's OK.
Thankyou. He's got into our GP tomorrow.

Bens BP was perfect for his age yesterday at our GP. He also printed his medical notes off for us to send to capita rather than wait. Result. Lets see how long things take now.
That's a good start, the process can at times be a lot slower than applicants would like, all you can do is wait and let the process run it course?

Bens BP was perfect for his age yesterday at our GP. He also printed his medical notes off for us to send to capita rather than wait. Result. Lets see how long things take now.
I sent my grandson's recent medical history off by special delivery. It costs a few quid, but it's signed for at every leg. Once received it took only two weeks for a decision.

Unfortunately sons nerves took over today at his interview. Hes now just concentrating on absorbing as much naval info & getting fitness tip top. Heartbroke for him earlier to see him (just 16 at the end of August there) his afco have been great with him even taking me into the debrief with him so we as a family can support him to achieve his rerun interview. THANKS to you all for support and advice past present & future.x

MumFOS - serious head on for a minute - why don't you get him to join the Sea Cadets (or similar) in the meantime? That will give him some self confidence, teach him stuff (best you don't ask!!) and he'll also get to grips with some problem solving. Also, try the Duke of Edinburgh's awards etc.

He might be hanging around for a while, so if he was getting prepared AND having fun, well, double bubble!

There are 'little' 16 year olds and there are 'BIG' 16 year olds. Help him get bigger.

Unfortunately sons nerves took over today at his interview. Hes now just concentrating on absorbing as much naval info & getting fitness tip top. Heartbroke for him earlier to see him (just 16 at the end of August there) his afco have been great with him even taking me into the debrief with him so we as a family can support him to achieve his rerun interview. THANKS to you all for support and advice past present & future.x
The AFCOs are great. Been so supportive to my 16yr old son. Xx

MumFOS - serious head on for a minute - why don't you get him to join the Sea Cadets (or similar) in the meantime? That will give him some self confidence, teach him stuff (best you don't ask!!) and he'll also get to grips with some problem solving. Also, try the Duke of Edinburgh's awards etc.

He might be hanging around for a while, so if he was getting prepared AND having fun, well, double bubble!

There are 'little' 16 year olds and there are 'BIG' 16 year olds. Help him get bigger.
Hes in another cadets ( the other blue uniform haha) been there 2 years and done his bronze DofE so far. It was more a confidence thing with him along with nerves & changing roles after his rt score & afco talking him up roles. Afco going to do 2 monthly phonecalls and may pull him in long before his 9 month ish bench.

Oh im definitely with you on the big and little 16 years

Latest Threads