Parents Page

Hi.. my first post not sure I am in the right place but can anyone help... our son goes for his 10week basic training at HMS Raleigh on the 30th Sept... when will his passing out be? We have had various reports that it is the Friday of the last week and two weeks after so they have time to rehearse? its just we have to book time off work1
Thanks in advance

pompeyexpat

War Hero
Hi.. my first post not sure I am in the right place but can anyone help... our son goes for his 10week basic training at HMS Raleigh on the 30th Sept... when will his passing out be? We have had various reports that it is the Friday of the last week and two weeks after so they have time to rehearse? its just we have to book time off work1
Thanks in advance
His pass out day will be Friday 07 Dec.

MAM

Midshipman
My son had his medical today, hopefully fitness test next wk. How long after that does all the process take

fishhead

War Hero
My son had his medical today, hopefully fitness test next wk. How long after that does all the process take
The best thing to do is read about the experience of others. I'll give you one link but there are others. There is a gold mine of information of how to make sure nothing takes longer than it should and how to make sure your son is prepared for the next step. Good Luck
https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/threads/my-application.170275/

Son sat his rt on thursday and hes passed with flying colours although theyve offered him the chance to resit to try and get the 2 points hed missing to try get into aircraft controller. They held him back after it to say his results have opened up alot of opportunities and that was really it. Anyone know of the roles suited to that rt score? Tia

fishhead

War Hero
Son sat his rt on thursday and hes passed with flying colours although theyve offered him the chance to resit to try and get the 2 points hed missing to try get into aircraft controller. They held him back after it to say his results have opened up alot of opportunities and that was really it. Anyone know of the roles suited to that rt score? Tia
If they have given him the chance of a resit he should take it if it was aircraft controller he had set his sights on. Otherwise make another appointment with the AFCO with the intention of discussing his options.

If they have given him the chance of a resit he should take it if it was aircraft controller he had set his sights on. Otherwise make another appointment with the AFCO with the intention of discussing his options.

Thanks for your reply. Hes wanting to go in as naval airman aircraft handler but the guy in the afco said to him thats fine but they dont want bored after a while. Think hes going to phone them on monday and go from there

oldplodder

Midshipman
It's only two weeks ago today that my grandson's appeal against CAPITA was received by his careers officer, following CAPITA's decision to mark him down as "Meically Unfit." This morning he received a text advising him that he now has a face to face medical as early as next week with a doctor on behalf of CAPITA. I take it that this is the full monty before pre fitness etc? Assuming all is well at this stage. Cheers all!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
It's only two weeks ago today that my grandson's appeal against CAPITA was received by his careers officer, following CAPITA's decision to mark him down as "Meically Unfit." This morning he received a text advising him that he now has a face to face medical as early as next week with a doctor on behalf of CAPITA. I take it that this is the full monty before pre fitness etc? Assuming all is well at this stage. Cheers all!
Yep, the F2F medical is the full hit, PJFT next, once passed.

Be aware, that sometimes things can require further checks after the F2F before being passed fit - stuff like borderline hearing, colour perception below the required standard for the branch, unexplained scars, significant acne on the back, ear wax, heart murmur detected and suchlike. Hopefully not, however.

oldplodder

Midshipman
Yep, the F2F medical is the full hit, PJFT next, once passed.

Be aware, that sometimes things can require further checks after the F2F before being passed fit - stuff like borderline hearing, colour perception below the required standard for the branch, unexplained scars, significant acne on the back, ear wax, heart murmur detected and suchlike. Hopefully not, however.
Thanks Ninja. He will be taking with him his full medical history, including his recent ECG and Echo cardiograph reports + his GP's recent letter which appears to have swung it for him being approved for a face to face medical. He is gym bound, mornings and evenings these days.
Thanks once again for all the good and reassuring advice received. It's very much appreciated.

After both myself & son speaking to the AFCO hes now going in as AET. Hes got his interview on Thursday but triage nurse phoning him on wednesday morning. Is this normal practice? Personally thought he wouldn't receive anything medical based until the interview was passed but im maybe wrong.

Latest Threads