Parents Page

Sumo

War Hero
Concur. If anyone fails it's because they failed. Most people pass.

With regard phonecalls home, I'm afraid parents tend to fall behind in order of priority for many young people and very often their friends or partners are more "up to speed" than poor Mum or Dad.
Can anyone remember having a long phone call with a teenager? mine are in their 30's and still mainly grunt at parents unless they want something? Ok Wife and daughter spend hours on the phone?

WreckerL

War Hero
My phone calls to my sons go along the lines of

Everything OK

Yep, you?

All quiet this end

OK, speak to you later

Normally followed by a 5 grilling from Mrs W as to what they said, did I ask this or that question, what are they doing etc etc .

Sumo

War Hero
My phone calls to my sons go along the lines of

Everything OK

Yep, you?

All quiet this end

OK, speak to you later

Normally followed by a 5 grilling from Mrs W as to what they said, did I ask this or that question, what are they doing etc etc .
I just hand phone over, let them try and get blood out of a stone

toonstep

Midshipman
Hi, he's on the train to Raleigh , long way from Newcastle , due at 16.30

Is he allowed letters, his little brother wants to write to him already ..

pompeyexpat

War Hero
Hi, he's on the train to Raleigh , long way from Newcastle , due at 16.30

Is he allowed letters, his little brother wants to write to him already ..
Of course. You’ll receive a letter from his Divisional Officer in a week or two that will have the postal address to use, along with some other useful bits & pieces.

The first couple of days are a bit hectic for the new recruits, subsequently a lot of parents don’t hear from their offspring until the middle of the week, but by then he will be able to give you his details.

toonstep

Midshipman
Hi if you have Facebook join the page Hms Raleigh families and phase 2, beyond. You’ll get a lot of good advice there from people going through the same.
Hi is this the Facebook page for Phase 1, I presume this is where he is joining yesterday

MAM

Midshipman
@Mrs Plum I totally agree with you about the AFCOs the one that my son has been dealing with has been great.

(Thought I would be a little cheeky and reply on this page as it was set up especially for us ;) )
The AFCO that has been helping my son has also been great. My son is waiting for a date for his medical

Latest Threads