PARAS'10 P COY Challenge

Discussion in 'Charity' started by wannabefpilot87, Mar 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening everyone,

I have just been persuaded by Dr Z to sign up for this race on the 13th Sept. I will post the link so you can all look... but before we sign up I saw that you can run in groups of up to 4 and for a charity if you so wish...

The long and short of it is would anyone like to join us? and raise some cash for say holidays4heroes?? Monty- thoughts please??

I know its in Yorkshire, but i'm sure we can come to some arrangement, and it would be for a good cause- and you never know it could be fun!

But could you let us know as if not, Dr Z and I will be signing up anyway..

Wannabe :)
  2. Sounds spot on, I'll email you some forms, cards and posters etc nearer the time, I'll also look into getting one of our bears to you. Nice work!
  3. It's gonna be pretty hardcore but who cares that's what we like! Dr Z.. so were crashing at yours yea haha :-D

I think i can safely say it's going to be one of the hardest things i've ever done that's for sure- but I welcome the challenge!
  4. Aye. That shouldn't be a problem if someone is willing to drive everyone to Catterick and back ;)
  5. 10 miles, 10k, what's the difference between friends....
  6. My bad, 10 miles...... still gay. :D
  7. I'd of thought a Spelling test would prove more challenging for Paras than a 10 miler. :twisted:
  8. Joking aside, it's for a good cause you gayers so sign up or prepare to donate.

BZ Dr Z and Wannabe.
  9. 3 hours to do 10 miles.

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Let us know how much of a piece it is when you've finished, O2 Thief... :roll:
  11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...hmm, so are you gonna turn up to the event and shout that kind of "encouragement" to the entrants, who are trying to raise money for charity in support of your former comrades-in-arms?! :evil:
  12. Quate, the reason the time limit is 3 hours is because there's almost no chance most of the civvies (like myself and wannabe. Duh.) will be able to complete it in 1 hour 50 with the rucksack and boots.

Please contribute something useful or keep out of the thread. Regardless of whether it's "easy" or not, it's for a good cause.
  13. It will be "pretty hardcore" for civvies.