Paras forum?

mattys

Hey all

I was a regular forum user on the Royal Marines forum which was sadly removed not so long ago and others like myself were advised to go to the paras forum but within days of the marines forum being removed the paras forum seemed to have gone the same way?

It was down for a while then just completely vanished so would be good to know if this is the case with it if anyone can advise on it?

@Ninja_Stoker hope all is well any idea on this?

Cheers

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The Royal Marines forum was offered-up gratis to Naval Recruiting & the Commando Training Centre due to my retirement in April 2022. Unfortunately the software was not MoD compliant, so even if there was an interest from the Corps perspective, it could not be taken-on in an official capacity due to service constraints with regard allocating dedicated staffing. A shame really, as it was launched in 2007 and ran successfully, free of charge (to the service) for 14 years.

The Paras forum, launched earlier this year, was taken down by the site administrator shortly after, due to internal administrative issues - I never quite got to the bottom of it, if I'm honest.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
The Royal Marines forum was offered-up gratis to Naval Recruiting & the Commando Training Centre due to my retirement in April 2022. Unfortunately the software was not MoD compliant, so even if there was an interest from the Corps perspective, it could not be taken-on in an official capacity due to service constraints with regard allocating dedicated staffing. A shame really, as it was launched in 2007 and ran successfully, free of charge (to the service) for 14 years.

The Paras forum, launched earlier this year, was taken down by the site administrator shortly after, due to internal administrative issues - I never quite got to the bottom of it, if I'm honest.
Who said that>>>>>

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Who said that>>>>>
The software? So far as I'm aware, there is only one MoD authorised forum software available - it's used on the RN website for a families forum, I think. It's godawful & not particularly secure, frankly. The authority on this aspect was RN Defence Engagement "Digital", or whatever they are now called following restructuring and re-branding.

Latest Threads