Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

paperwork

Westie

What I don't understand is how some people get paper work really quick and others left waiting? How does that work ? it's been over 6wks since i did my PFJT and still nothing rung my AFCO who say's I'm 40th on the list !
You get loads of info initially then the last bit you are kind of left in the dark ...... Just confused really and want to know how the process works.
Thanks

Westie said:
What I don't understand is how some people get paper work really quick and others left waiting? How does that work ? it's been over 6wks since i did my PFJT and still nothing rung my AFCO who say's I'm 40th on the list !
You get loads of info initially then the last bit you are kind of left in the dark ...... Just confused really and want to know how the process works.
Thanks

As you have reached the PJFT stage you are nearly at the end of the recruitment process, but not at the end of the waiting process. If you are 40th on the list for your branch it may take a long time before you are offered an entry date. Security clearance normally takes the longest time and there is nothing that can be done about it. When you reach the top of the list and are offered an entry date you will be told and that's when the paperwork will appear on your doorstep. You are now playing the waiting game just like many others.

The difference between Officer & Rating selection is that Officers only select the top overall individuals - in other words someone passiing AIB after you, could get an entry date before you, if they score better. Those who "pass" sometimes don't get selected.

Ratings, once they pass all elements of selection are bid for an allocated entry date. Depending on the numbers required, the frequency of intakes & the course capacity, you will be allocated an entry date on a strictly first come, first served basis. Some trades have waiting times of up to two years because they are over-subscribed, some can be as little as 2 or 3 months after passing PJFT.

The geographic location or "business" of your AFCO is irrelevant, as indicated by Drakey.

Latest Threads