Panic and Nerves!!!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ripper, Dec 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Went down to the AFCO today and wanted to book my self in for the last chance of me passing my RT but the person who does it wasn't in. The more and more i get closer to the test i get more panicky and nervous. Anyone know why this is?

Ripper

2. Man up you pansy; if you can't do this you might aswell join the nav......

never mind

3. Just make sure you are well prepared and have done numerous exercises from pyschometric textbooks and i'm sure you will be fine.

As i was always told - 'Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.'

Good luck.

4. Shut up jonnojonno i am desperate to get in and i am nervous because i have the possibiility that i won't be able to apply for the navy again. Thanks for the advice officer, i have been getting books from librarys and buying them from amazon and ill keep doing that until i am ready.. Is the test about inteligence?

Ripper

5. Stop spending all your time on RR and get fcuking revising then? Everyone worrys about the recruitment process its only natural.

6. Let's see. Could it be that you are shit at exams and when faced by them you just naturally panic. The RT isn't all that difficult. You've done it before and know what to expect. Revise Revise Revise.

Good luck and let's know how you get on.

7. last time you took the test what was you going in for ?

8. DO NOT PANIC Stoker Mechanic every one else carry on :D

9. I was nervous when I did my RT test. I spent loads of time preparing for it. Some people find the RT test hard and some find it easy.

Personally, I found the RT test a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. But that's not to say i'm crap at exams. I did shit loads of exams at university..............but we did get (at uni) 2 hours and sometimes 3 hours to do the exams. We certainly didn't do 30 questions in 9 minutes!

I found mechanical comprehension a major pain in the neck!

10. What was your chosen branch?

11. SS

12. First of all, the person wasn't in, so you are no closer now than you were before you went in.

Secondly, it's a test - and an important one if you really want to join the RN. Therefore it's very normal to be nervous. I know I was.

Thirdly, you keep asking inane and repetitive questions of this site, yet don't seem to take any of the advice given. Get your hear into the books and oway from the computer, and you'll feel much less panicky. The less you prepare, the more stressed you will be - and the worse you will do.

We don't care whether you study or not to be honest. It's you choice.

13. You big girl

14. Das Reich, or Totenkopf?

Waffen was my choice. :wink:

15. I had you down as Einsatzgruppen. I stand corrected

16. Shhhhhhh :oops:
    I lost my truck the exhaust fell off :wink:

17. It is because you want this job, people on this forum other than me do not know anything so just be nervous as they then will know you want the job.... ;)

18. Ripper

Look mate if you get all squiggly about a bloody test what do you think you will be like if the "brown n smelly" hits the fan on board one of HM's Sleek Grey messengers of death. Face facts boy you just aint cut out for life in the Navy. Why don't you try being a traffic warden instead.

19. The test is NOT easy as some people may lead you to believe on here - don't go in and approach it like a GCSE exam where no revision is required and you can still pass. As I went to university, I thought I would ace the test being a graduate and all that. The test took me by surprise, the time goes VERY quickly and you really have to get a move on, if you don't know the answer to a question...move on! The worst bit was waiting while they were being marked...felt like forever!

The practice booklet they give you is very helpful and if I remember correctly, some of the exact same questions appeared in the actual exam - or were at least very similar!

P.S. What's with the German talk on here? Achtung Achtung!!!

20. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'm with Jonno on this.

If you don't revise, then you have every reason to fail, so being scared is a bit bloody pointless.

Those who waste their time looking for an easy way out of actually preparing may as well face the fact that they are probably better suited to a job that requires less intellectual ability. (Not that much is needed for the RN in the first place).