Painting Drill Boots

Excuse me if im fecking wrong but when was the last time matelots were issued real deal drill fecking boots???

The question was asked and an ex Bootncek presented the correct answer.

ROYAL gets issued the boots in question.

Pie eaters don't...

lukep said:
Excuse me if im fecking wrong but when was the last time matelots were issued real Deal drill fecking boots???
Don't know the last time, but I got them issued on joining, still have them, and I'm still serving. By the way, what instrument do you play, Luke?

Yep, not sure when it stopped but it wasn't that long ago. If you're in the guard at BRNC you get issued them temporarily these days. Raleigh 2004 ditto. Those places that tend to do parades, Nov ceremonies etc, had (at least 2 years ago) boxes of the damn things for loan issue.

As with everything, I think the stopping of gratis issue to ratings on joining was a cost driven thing (and rightly so, to be honest, bearing in mind how infrequently they're worn). But they are worn by Jack. You are excused Lukep.

wet_blobby

War Hero
Passed-over_Loggie said:
and welts.

Remind me; what's wrong with Parade Gloss and a bit if effort?

Nothing if you've got the time and forewarning, however if your expected to be all things to all taskmasters a bit of forward planning, a matchstick, some jacobean oak varnish and some harry maskers for your welts will keep you one step ahead and will give you time to nick some white paint (dilute 1 in 4 ) so you can get your pith helmet looking tickerty boo.