Painting Drill Boots

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Drip_Session, Oct 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi i't a long time since I last painted my Drill boots could someone remind me of the name of the Paint/varnish I will need?

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Jacobean oak.

3. when we were in berlin we used to use morrello..
    you had to be carefull with it though cos the R.S.M always knew if you put to much on..

4. Why would you want to do the soles?

5. Soles and Welks? something fishy being discussed here. :tongue:

IDOITDEEPER

6. Ahh, sole! :dwarf:

7. and welts.

Remind me; what's wrong with Parade Gloss and a bit if effort?

8. U.S. troops use all these products and the the effect is - crap! They end up looking like dancing pumps.

9. Excuse me if im fecking wrong but when was the last time matelots were issued real deal drill fecking boots???

The question was asked and an ex Bootncek presented the correct answer.

ROYAL gets issued the boots in question.

Pie eaters don't...

10. Don't know the last time, but I got them issued on joining, still have them, and I'm still serving. By the way, what instrument do you play, Luke?

11. Yep, not sure when it stopped but it wasn't that long ago. If you're in the guard at BRNC you get issued them temporarily these days. Raleigh 2004 ditto. Those places that tend to do parades, Nov ceremonies etc, had (at least 2 years ago) boxes of the damn things for loan issue.

As with everything, I think the stopping of gratis issue to ratings on joining was a cost driven thing (and rightly so, to be honest, bearing in mind how infrequently they're worn). But they are worn by Jack. You are excused Lukep.

12. mmmmmmmm Pies.........

13. I used to coat my (no.1) toecaps in nail lacquer! :)

14. [​IMG]

with MK1 clean water.

15. Theres an armourer cpl at ctc will do em a treat for £15 in a couple of weeks. proper job an all!!

16. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Nothing if you've got the time and forewarning, however if your expected to be all things to all taskmasters a bit of forward planning, a matchstick, some jacobean oak varnish and some harry maskers for your welts will keep you one step ahead and will give you time to nick some white paint (dilute 1 in 4 ) so you can get your pith helmet looking tickerty boo.