Pain in my abodomen when running- not a stitch

As soon as I start running, I seem to get a pain in my abdomen. It's NOT a stitch, it happens almost as soon as I get speed, and is all over my abs and obliques. It feels too dull and deep to be a stitch.

It it likely to be that my abdominal muscles are just too weak to cope? I can't think of any other reason. Thoughts?

EDIT: On the upside, by the time I managed to get half a mile, I was running at a 4 minute mile pace....Not that it lasted :lol:

Also, tips for uphill running anyone?

witsend said:
I agree, it could be due to sitting bent over, on the PC all day long. Its best to forget the forces.
Yeah, because that's what I do. I don't have a job or anything. I haven't been working ridiculous hours for the last 6 weeks. I don't even go running to find out about my pain, I just make it up and hope it sounds believable. I live behind my laptop screen.

I'm surprised that you don't get your facts right before making such gash statements.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Dr.Zoidberg said:
witsend said:
I agree, it could be due to sitting bent over, on the PC all day long. Its best to forget the forces.
Yeah, because that's what I do. I don't have a job or anything. I haven't been working ridiculous hours for the last 6 weeks. I don't even go running to find out about my pain, I just make it up and hope it sounds believable. I live behind my laptop screen.

I'm surprised that you don't get your facts right before making such gash statements.
The only pain you are, young attention seeker, is a royal pain in the arrse!

Smoggie

Lantern Swinger
I still recomend a doctor, one of those trained professional medical types. It may be you're allergic to certain particles released from the tread mill belt which are released when hit by your feet.

Smoggie

Lantern Swinger
If you're in France you want to look out for Le Docteur and ask him:

"Excusez-moi le Docteur mais j'ai beaucoup de douleur dans mon estomac. Pourrait il être que je cède dans trop d'amusement de fond méchant avec de grands hommes noirs qui ont damamged mes intérieur avec leurs grands pôles de viande noirs."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Miscellaneous 0
D Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
J Social & Reunions 6