Pain in my abodomen when running- not a stitch

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Zoidberg, May 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As soon as I start running, I seem to get a pain in my abdomen. It's NOT a stitch, it happens almost as soon as I get speed, and is all over my abs and obliques. It feels too dull and deep to be a stitch.

It it likely to be that my abdominal muscles are just too weak to cope? I can't think of any other reason. Thoughts?

EDIT: On the upside, by the time I managed to get half a mile, I was running at a 4 minute mile pace....Not that it lasted :lol:

Also, tips for uphill running anyone?

2. Sounds serious.

You probably won't be able to join now.

3. I just run through the discomfort ;)

4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I agree, it could be due to sitting bent over, on the PC all day long. Its best to forget the forces.

5. Yeah, because that's what I do. I don't have a job or anything. I haven't been working ridiculous hours for the last 6 weeks. I don't even go running to find out about my pain, I just make it up and hope it sounds believable. I live behind my laptop screen.

I'm surprised that you don't get your facts right before making such gash statements.

6. I recomend a doctor.

7. Are you leaving a sensible gap between eating and running?

8. 3 hours today and I didn't eat too much at that meal anyway.

9. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

The only pain you are, young attention seeker, is a royal pain in the arrse!

10. Yeah, anything constructive to say? I thought not.

11. Have you been having unprotected sex recently? You might be pregnant.

12. I still recomend a doctor, one of those trained professional medical types. It may be you're allergic to certain particles released from the tread mill belt which are released when hit by your feet.

13. I'm in France for 2 weeks- I have no idea where the nearest treadmill is :lol:

14. Stop eating the frog legs and you'll be right as rain sunshine!

15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Could be a tumour... :shock:

16. We live in hope.

17. Stop running then :idea:

18. Stop breathing more like! :twisted:

19. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

He has gone quiet, hasn't he? Do you think he's taken the advice literally..?! 8O :)

20. If you're in France you want to look out for Le Docteur and ask him:

"Excusez-moi le Docteur mais j'ai beaucoup de douleur dans mon estomac. Pourrait il être que je cède dans trop d'amusement de fond méchant avec de grands hommes noirs qui ont damamged mes intérieur avec leurs grands pôles de viande noirs."