Paddy Vincent

Discussion in 'History' started by jesse, Sep 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :brave: Now! Officers were not my favourite people :evil: I do not recall many with any affection :( {Here comes a BUT!] But! anybody know if Captain Paddy Vincent is still living ?He was a two and a half when I first met him, he always reminded me of Clark Kent from the Superman comics. :scratch: I also like to think he was the inspiration for the character of Lt.Cdr Bollinger Badger from the John Winton "We joined the Navy" books. I believe that he was Chairman of a London branch of the R.N.A.If any one could update me on the old sod and even better give me a R.N.A.branch address so I could drop him a line I would be as chuffed as ten bastards :geek: Whether he would be chuffed to hear from "James you are the bane of my life" after all these years is a very moot point :roll: A p.m. would be welcome if you can aid me in this matter. :p
  2. Jesse might be helpful if you could notate where and when you served with him, so we can do a bit of research. Would like to try to help, as would many others :wink:
  3. He was a Lt.Cdr at the time i/c part one training H.MS Ceres about 1955 cheers :lol:
  4. I've PM'd you Jesse. :wink:

5. He was my DO at Ceres too, in 1955. Also Supply Officer in OCEAN in 56. he has been a stalwart member of the SOLEBAY Association since it was founded 15 years ago BUT has dropped off the radar. Mail is being returned, and I understand that he has moved to be with his daughter. If you have a current mail address for him could you disclose it? I can let you have my email address.