Packages in Basic-yay or nay?

It’s because it’s been out sourced and cost cutter have the monopoly so they just see us off, at sultan you have other options than paying £4.50 for a can of lynx but in phase one and some bases you don’t have a choice.
The government don’t need to subsidise it like when it was NAAFI but they could at least ensure fair pricing like say it can’t be sold for more than at a supermarket.

It’s because it’s been out sourced and cost cutter have the monopoly so they just see us off, at sultan you have other options than paying £4.50 for a can of lynx but in phase one and some bases you don’t have a choice.
The government don’t need to subsidise it like when it was NAAFI but they could at least ensure fair pricing like say it can’t be sold for more than at a supermarket.
The government never subsidised NAAFI, they were ripping off barstewards too!

Op was thinking of Val's day, send him a big bunch of flowers, to remind him what he should have sent you, then drink the bottle of red, no point risking it be smashed in the post:D
If has no sence of humor he shouldn't have joined up:D

Post a nice romantic card and a copy of the latest Screwfix Direct catalogue along with a hand written list of work that needs to be done the next time he's home. Don't forget to hi-lite all the tools he will require in the catalogue.
Jobs a good 'un.

Post a nice romantic card and a copy of the latest Screwfix Direct catalogue along with a hand written list of work that needs to be done the next time he's home. Don't forget to hi-lite all the tools he will require in the catalogue.
Jobs a good 'un.
you been speaking to my misses, normally the jobs she messed up whilst I was away

If you must send him something he (and his shipmates) will really appreciate it if you cover the parcel with lots of kisses and be sure to call him by the pet name you have for him on the package.

You should probably send him a cuddly toy too. Something to cuddle on those lonely nights.
You can jest.... true dit alert.

SWMBO is a bit of a joker, as is her mate. The pair of them hatched a plot to send me a package, whilst serving on a boat. Now, as mentioned above, it is with great excitement that we get mail, but a PACKAGE.... when it isn't even your birthday!

And so it was, just back from a patrol, when on entering the Mess, I ws presented with a fairly large box - 'open it' came the cries from the baying crowd of Senior Rates!

I ripped into it - pulled out half a dozen Mills & Boon bodice rippers - much laughter. Dipped back into it - produced a cuddly teddy bear - more laughter. Scraping the bottom of the box came out with a bar of lovely scented soap....!

Turns out the 'girls' had signed me up to the M&B Book Club for a wheeze.

I wrote to M&B explaining the situation (6ft rugby playing submariner etc) and that I had been the subject of a joke, but that the soap might come in handy!