Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by davie_rfc, Jun 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I signed off today from Job Seekers Allowance as I eave for Raleigh this Sunday. They said that my P45 will be sent out to my house sometime soon but wont be here by the time I head down. Do I need it the first week? Plus will my mum be able to send it down once it arrives?
  2. She can slip it inside the food parcel between the hob nobs and fruitcake.
  3. If you have it all well and good, but it's not a problem if you haven't. If I remember correctly you just complete another form in lieu of P45.

And yes, your mum can send it down.
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, alternatively if you've paid income tax since 01 April this year, just take your pay statements.

Your tax will be adjusted, if necessary, upon arrival of the P45 from Mum, secreted in the Red Cross Food Parcel.
  5. She can send it to you, but remember that the postal service in deepest, darkest pointy head land (Cornwall) is very slow and it should arrive in by the time you have completed full contact cutlass training. :)

Good luck with your career.
  6. Ahh thank you. Was worring about there lol.

7. If you haven't got your P45 then you will need to complete a P46, which can be downloaded from the HMRC website.

You'll be put onto emergency rate tax until you can hand in your P45, the tax office has processed it and informed the salary dept of your correct tax code.
  8. Davie,

The time to get really upset about a P45 is when (heaven forbid) you receive yours from the Pusser. 8O :cry: :wink: :twisted: