P & O Boat models

lsadirty

War Hero
Have a tie pin from CONX commisioning in 1971 with an excellent representaion of the boat, think it was courtesy of Cammell Lairds - and still proud to have it and wear it............

spearfish

War Hero
lsadirty said:
Have a tie pin from CONX commisioning in 1971 with an excellent representaion of the boat, think it was courtesy of Cammell Lairds - and still proud to have it and wear it............
Well shippers if you ever want to pass it on let me know!

jollysailor

Badgeman
The company in Navy News do a lot of models, not just the one they show in the ad.
I had one given to me recently and it came with a catalogue of the other vessels they do.
They have all the modern boats along with a big selection of skimmers from just after the war until present.
Well worth it if you want a momento of the vessels you have served on or as a gift for someone.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
jollysailor said:
The company in Navy News do a lot of models, not just the one they show in the ad.
I had one given to me recently and it came with a catalogue of the other vessels they do.
They have all the modern boats along with a big selection of skimmers from just after the war until present.
Well worth it if you want a momento of the vessels you have served on or as a gift for someone.

Do you have a web link for the company?

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Thanks mate, is it my eyesight or do the Fin heights on the A and P&O class look a bit low?
Nice models though.

Old_Bill

Badgeman
janner said:
Thanks mate, is it my eyesight or do the Fin heights on the A and P&O class look a bit low?
Nice models though.

Think you're right about the P&O Janner, although the A class fin looks OK to me.

Thanks for the link Jolly BTW

skyvet

GCM
Thanks Jolly .... I've ordered one (P&O) and will let you guys know how it looks in the flesh when I get it. I reckon the fin height discrepancy could be down to the angle the picture was taken from, but we'll see.
Thanks again.

Just to reprise the thread I have managed to get a local firm to make some models up in aluminium not bronze unfortunately.
If anyone is interested they are about £10 plus postage.
I will post a photo as soon as I get a sample back.

Latest Threads