P. News: "Royal Navy's HMS Sultan Forced To Cancel Popular Fireworks Due To Covid-19"

soleil

War Hero
"HMS Sultan has taken the difficult decision to cancel its popular bonfire and fireworks display this year

The HMS Sultan Bonfire and Fireworks Night, which was scheduled to take place on Wednesday October 28, regularly attracts thousands of visitors, while also raising valuable funds for charities.

Display co-ordinator, Lieutenant Joe Johnson, said: ‘The event has been cancelled as a prudent measure in accordance with government guidance on Covid-19.

‘Having assessed all options to undertake a Covid secure display, it was concluded that sadly it was not possible.’'

redmonkey

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
I bet all the lads there are happy with that. They can go home at normal times without the gash duties and abuse they get from civvies. I have seen it too often when they pick on a young lad who has been in uniform for a few weeks and start demanding things.

fishhead

War Hero
I bet all the lads there are happy with that. They can go home at normal times without the gash duties and abuse they get from civvies. I have seen it too often when they pick on a young lad who has been in uniform for a few weeks and start demanding things.
Never mind,it was only for one day. I'm sure you'll get over it.

redmonkey

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
Not me. I'm too old and ugly to care but I have had to step in when some of the lads have been given abuse from civvies for not knowing answers to questions or allowing the civvies to go off route as they seem to demand access to out of bounds areas.

Lads who have only been in uniform for months should not have to put up with the shite I have seen aimed at them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil Portsmouth News: "Royal Navy flyers Land On Pitching Postage Stamp Deck | Nostalgia" The Fleet Air Arm 14
soleil Portsmouth News: "34 Great Old Photos Of The Famous Royal Navy Aircraft Carrier HMS Hermes" The Fleet 1
soleil Portsmouth News: "Royal Navy Aircraft Carrier HMS Prince Of Wales To Carry Out Investigation After Flooding Onboard" The Fleet 16
soleil The News: "Royal Navy Warships To Blast Sirens And Light The Sky As Portsmouth Marks VE Day" The Fleet 9
soleil The News: "Royal Navy Destroyer Prone To Breaking Down In The Gulf Leaves Portsmouth For Key Engine Upgrade" The Fleet 3
soleil FE News: "Novatech Ltd Turn Royal Navy Reserves Training Virtual With New RHIB Simulators" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 8
soleil Portsmouth News: "18 Amazing Royal Navy Photos From Portsmouth's Past" History 0
soleil Portsmouth News: "HMS Queen Elizabeth: Royal Navy, RAF & Army Form Up For Stunning Remembrance Day Tribute On Deck" The Fleet 3
MoD_RSS News story: Developing the Royal Navy’s autonomous underwater capability: commercial clarification MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Improving the Royal Navy’s underwater presence - Collaboration Event MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy vessel identifies evasion of North Korea sanctions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy sailor killed during World War 1 is honoured as he is laid to rest MoD News 2
soleil Portsmouth News: "Royal Navy Praised For Protecting UK’s Most-Beloved Dish On Fish And Chips Day 2018" The Fleet 4
MoD_RSS News story: £850m Sea Ceptor missile system enters service with Royal Navy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy gets first unmanned minesweeping system MoD News 0
soleil Forces Network News: "Will It Race? Royal Navy Engineers Inspire Young Talent" Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS News story: New Royal Navy operations hub opens in Gulf MoD News 3
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy prepares for future UK fishery patrols MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Multi-million-pound contract to enhance Royal Navy Type 45 fleet resilience MoD News 11
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy and Royal Marines join major French deployment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy work with Australians on massive drug bust MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Queen welcomes Royal Navy's largest ever ship into the fleet MoD News 3
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy ship set for Australia, Defence Secretary reveals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary to announce new £1bn support model for Royal Navy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy leads international efforts to seize drugs worth £400M MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy and Royal Marines train alongside partner naval forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Scottish shipyards begin building Royal Navy's latest patrol ship MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: £1.4 billion deal for Royal Navy’s new attack submarine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Marines to be restructured in line with growing Royal Navy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal names new jetty for Navy’s giant aircraft... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy's first new Offshore Patrol Vessel formally named MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: £278M for two more Royal Navy ships as work begins on the next MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: MOD awards £100m contract to deliver missile system for Royal Navy’s new Global... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy tests unmanned fleet of the future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy ship supports removal of potential chemical weapon materials from Libya MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: HMS Mersey to extend Royal Navy presence in Aegean MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy takes command of Maritime Security Force MoD News 17
MoD_RSS News story: Major investment boost for next generation Royal Navy ships MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy's newest sub test fires torpedo using £50 million UK-made advanced... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New navigation radar system for Royal Navy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Third Astute submarine formally handed over to the Royal Navy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Second Royal Navy Mediterranean drugs bust in a fortnight MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy in Mediterranean drugs seizure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Work begins on third Royal Navy Patrol Vessel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy warship offered to Mediterranean anti-smuggling mission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy's next generation helicopters ready for action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy's latest submarine arrives on the Clyde MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Contracts give Royal Navy Frigates a power boost MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy's latest submarine to set sail this summer MoD News 2
MoD_RSS News story: New surveillance system for future Royal Navy aircraft carriers revealed MoD News 0