Oz Maritime Museum

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by rod-gearing, Mar 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Rod you could of course upload it using the far left symbol two little pyrmids and a sun. Then it will size it for you and put it straight into the post so all can see straight away.

Nutty

Great pic, was there in 99 and 02.

2. Qua...

[​IMG]

Also a fraction of the original size!

3. Whats the big black knob in the middle of the pixture for?

4. I was tempted to ask.... but was too polite! :twisted: :lol:

5. The ignorance of some people on here amazes me :roll: . Don't you know a bow lookout's caboose when you see one? It's made of black-tinted glass so the occupant can't be identified during sneaky-beaky operations.

[align=center][​IMG]
    (Type 187 bow sonar dome on HMS Otus but don't tell him)[/align]

The much newer USS Seaview has a built-in arrangement instead of an add-on:

[align=center][​IMG][/align]

6. And I always though you prefered a large one! :lol:

7. Why wont they let that mob behind the dome go inside? Or is it choir practice?

8. They are waiting their turn.It goes by rank.

9. Heres another pic a la nuttys way[​IMG]

10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Whats it a picture of, to small for my old eyes

11. Nobbers, if the hat fits

Nutty

12. Rod

What size pics do you take 200 pixels?

Nutty

13. In THings photo it looks like an effing carpenter has left his plane on the dock.Or Naomi Campbell snorkeling.

14. Lets get this straight
    Does the duty watch lookout not have to don a wet suit and scuba gear, then stand the watch on top of the tower when below?

Were they below deck when the Traf hit that submerged pinicale?

Are binoculars waterproof?

Jack McH

15. Excellent picture Rod. The seem to have given Onslows casing coat of low sheen since I last saw it. As an aside, the small boat on the right with just the stern in the picture is the Krait, of operation "Jaywick" fame.

16. No wet suit required as all submariners having fish like skin and gills,we can also breathe through our ears as well,(It has its uses girls)

We dont need binoculars due to having fantastic eyesight from all the fish we eat.

We did away with casing lookouts years ago,we just tie a skimmer to the periscope with an underwater telephone to keep watch.

17. I was on Traf when that happened, we had 2 lookouts but they were playing uckers at the time and the blobs kept floating off diverting their attention :)