Own up

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by brazenhussy, Oct 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Righty ho then --
    come on, own up-- the most embarrassing record in your collection is:

"Daddys Home"- Cliff Richard---------------- (My mum got it for me, my old man was an ex submariner- says it all really!)
  2. A triple cd of Doris Day , but what the hell I like it though it very very rarely gets played , :thumright:
  3. I've been known to listen to my other half's Wet Wet Wet album, does that count?
  4. oooooooooooooooooo can i borro that please Dondon....
  5. It has to be this: Grimsby Born & Proud - The Twist

It was from when we won the Div 2 Play-Offs and AutoWindscreen Shield. 1998, it is crap and I cant believe I found it on Youtube.

Oi, Oi, Oi :pukel:

6. I'm Only a Poor Little Sparrow by some really irritating school children
  7. I am (we are) in possession of the following awful LP's
    1. Mike and Bernie Winters in Toyland
    2. RICHARD Clayderman - Reveries
    3. Barron Knights (signed copy)
    4. Liberace - concert by Candlelight

Mind you I also have all the Beatles LP's inc the "White Album"

embasing I know ..........
  8. Captain Beaky!
  9. DONOVAN....Gift from a Flower to a Garden. very Hippy happy clappy.
    It was good when I bought it
  10. roxette - joyride.

i lost Mrs SS tape version a little while ago -- oops

so she made me buy a cd copy - not even from ebay but full shop price

drat and double drat
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Always wondered which saddos bought that rubbish & knocked the true Super- Groups like ShowaddyWaddy off the top spot.

Cheers, now I know.
  12. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Still can't believe I am admitting this - I was the one who bought the Curiosity Killed the Cat CD.
  13. ooooh the shite 5, good one BH.

Bruce Springsteen, "Born to Run". 7 " vinyl, got it in one of those jukebox clearout lucky dip type things, normally just leaf through 'em and bin/shoot /frisbee the dross, but kept this for the little known "I'm on fire" b-side, reminds me a lot of Johnny Cash railroad beat. Great tune for going mental with PTSD.

Lush-500 (shake baby shake). I have a soft spot for rhythm guitar, Rickenbacker etc. Its about the Fiat 500, Schumacher has one, and now they're remaking it in a mini retro stylee. You probably remember Lush better for "Single Girl".

Flowered up-Weekender
    I like the tune until they wander off a bit and get high. They thought they were the Roses meets the Mondays. Started well with "Its On" and "Take It", but drifted off to obscurity, produced a "best of" after one album, with the same cover as their album, your guarantee of shiteness.

Age of Chance - who's afraid of the big bad noise
    The chart show has a lot to answer for. Got famous with their cover of "Kiss" but they totally lost their way with the second album. "dont get mad, get even" was used on various sports shows for a while.

Ken Dodd "We are the diddymen". Jam butties etc.