Overweight Santa "needs a makeover"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by broadside, Dec 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. More bollox from killjoy knobheads - can someone please invent a way of shutting these humourless donkeys up once and for all

https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=uk&done=http://uk.yahoo.com

QUOTE Santa is a public health hazard - promoting obesity and drink-driving, experts have claimed.

Images of a fat, jolly and somewhat tipsy Father Christmas send out the wrong message and could damage millions of lives, they said.

Instead of sitting back in his sleigh and breaking the speed limit, Santa should get off and walk or jog.

Obese Santa also needs to swap the brandy and mince pies left out by hopeful children for carrots and celery sticks stolen from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Dr Nathan Grills and illustrator Brendan Halyday, from Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, said the current image of Santa promotes obesity, drink-driving, speeding and a general unhealthy lifestyle. UNQUOTE

It is enough to make you spit ... at least they didn't try that old nonsense about Santa not being real!

2. A Bite? Well, you bit anyway..... :wink:

3. I don't think he needs a makeover at all...

[​IMG]

4. Dammit, I wish my house had a chimney....

5. Oh Ye Gods!

6. Yuk!

7. Strange isn’t it, the girlies have been binding for ages about women being expected to be sylph-like (I wish!) and concerns about bulimia and all the other fashionable bollox that little girls get. Clearly, it doesn’t matter about us blokes though. Call that an equal society? I don’t.

8. Don't knock it; the more fatties there are out there the less competition us athletically minded folk will have on the pull!

9. How very true plus fat birds are grateful :)

10. Can't do with fat women. No matter how grateful they are they are shit shags. Much happier with the excessively skinny and insane types (as described in Monty's lovely thread on the subject- *sniff* dusty in here)

11. The fat bastard, too many reindeer steaks. He can keep away from Finknottle Towers, "Bah! Humbug!"