OVERWEIGHT SAILORS

yorkie-s

Badgeman
you are judging by sight.how do you know what the person has been through.I broke my neck didnt take a day off work but piled the weight on down graded now but still sea going.and losing weight all the time I wish I was perfect!!!!!

Two Female Officers in Collingwood were recently promoted to Lieutenant, even though they could not pass the RNFT. Both were overweight and after repeated failures they were allowed by the PMO to take the Rockport walk. As a result of passing the walk they were promoted.

Always_a_Civvy said:
I thought matelots still doubled everywhere
Oooh, (sharp intakeof breath) Health and Safety issue there mate! Someone might trip over their boot lace or feel a bit tired and sue the MoD.

Can't have that, can we? :wink:

fishmiester

Banned
Jenny_Dabber said:
fishmiester said:
The fitness test is a great idea.

What grips my Poo is that I as a 39 1/2 year old have to achieve a level which is far higher than the youngest WREN.
What makes it worse is that I achieve my goal whilst watching some 18 year old lard a**e girl fail.
Oh yes and by the way I AM at least 2 stone over weight,
But I can drink 8 pints of Stella, not beat up my Missis and still turn to at 0800 AND I am in date for the RNFT.

Fishmiester rant over
And after all that, I can still knock 10 tonnes of puppy fat out of you and run the RNFT in the required time :wink:
You have to catch me first :wink: :wink:

come_the_day

Lantern Swinger
captain_Jack said:
Both were overweight and after repeated failures they were allowed by the PMO to take the Rockport walk. As a result of passing the walk they were promoted.
The decision to "allow" these people to take the Rockport Walk can only have been an Executive responsibility with advice from the PMO. The short answer should have been "No", but we live in a PC world. You don't say how old they were, but the Walk is not necessarily easier than the run, as, if done properly, it is difficult to fool the maths. You do have to remember that there's a clubswinger in this equation, though, and taking away and adding up's really hard!

Squirrel said:
It's a bit of a difficult one for me this, I try not to see things as black and white but sometimes just can't help myself.
My two pence......
...if an individual is just a fat, lazy, greedy fcuker, then I agree with what everyone's said, and they shouldn't be considered for promotion until they can pass their RNFT - simple.
...if an individual is suffering from some underlying medical condition, that prevents them from being able to train for their RNFT, or precludes them from doing physical training, or indeed if they are very overweight through no fault of their own (don't laugh, there are some conditions out there, couldn't name any though, I'm not a scablifter) then I think they have a case to attend one of the Restricted Syllabus leadership courses and get themselves rated up ON CONDITION that they strive to get themselves medically and physically fit at the earliest possible opportunity.
HOWEVER, I have little sympathy with those who have become ill, and subsequently legitimately medically downgraded, as a result of not having taken care of themselves through lack of exercise and poor diet and booze.
In short, I don't think it's fair to tar all fatties with the same brush, and I wouldn't agree with a blanket "fatties shouldn't be promoted".

There, feel better now.
I have one of those genetic conditions, but I also eat too much, which doesn't help!!! :lol: Can I join up, then? After all, I'm only 43 - and willing to be a deck hand in boats. Hate The Sun, see. :roll:

D

Deleted 7

fishmiester said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
fishmiester said:

What grips my Poo is that I as a 39 1/2 year old have to achieve a level which is far higher than the youngest WREN.
What makes it worse is that I achieve my goal whilst watching some 18 year old lard a**e girl fail.
But I can drink 8 pints of Stella, not beat up my Missis and still turn to at 0800 AND I am in date for the RNFT.

Fishmiester rant over
And after all that, I can still knock 10 tonnes of puppy fat out of you and run the RNFT in the required time :wink:
You have to catch me first :wink: :wink:
Erm, was that a '2 tins, no guts' thing?

Don't worry my precious, I will get you :twisted:

'Ard as lard,
Soft as Butter
Jenny Dabber
Knocks out the flabber!

To flabber the Dabber
you need to double
like a randy bull
chasing a bugger!

'Ard as lard,
Soft as Butter
Jenny Dabber
Knocks out the flabber!

She speeds away
Oblivious to others
Her oppos look on
Wide eyed and buggered.

'Ard as lard,
Soft as Butter
Jenny Dabber
Knocks out the flabber!

Now Fishmeister races
against her braces
ready to catch 8 Stellas
But Dabber 's there waiting
with fists and teeth grating
to knock him down with her hard fists.

She balances beer crates
upon knitted eyebrows
and censors Nutters with her quips
sups with The_Matelot
beats sh*t out of PTIs
and scares off robust Old Salts.

'Ard as lard,
Soft as Butter
Jenny Dabber
Knocks out the flabber!

Sea Salts wimper and Nippers scamper
and Trogs devise secret cyphers,
for Jenny Dabber can Jabber the Flabber
Like none on Rum Ration or AARSE!

D

Deleted 7

fishmiester said:
Come and have a go if you think yer ard enough.

Ex (OC) well ard
Back of the lockers 03:30 GMT + 2, I'll be waiting!

D

Deleted 7

1st aid kit? nah, just bring the mop and bucket, may come in hand when picking up the pieces of fishy :wink:

Is that not the 3rd poem about me? Aww bless, thank you! Owed to Junior_dabber will be out soon folks, watch this space!

Come back Jenny Dabber
I won’t care what you say,
I won’t care if you’re pushy
Or even if you’re gay.

I know that you’re a silly girl
But I`d just like to say
That most on here will be so sad
If you stay away.

I know we had our little tiffs
I`ts `cause I love to scrap
Goin at it tooth and nail
With flying fur and crap.

But most of it was tongue in cheek
Just to get a bite
An anyway `tis not my fault
If I’m always right.

So come back Jenny Dabber
I miss you oh so much
The acid running through your veins
The odd kick in the crutch.

Alls fair in love and war you said
Well that`s alright with me,
Cause you are very honest???
And that`s very nice to see.

Who cares if you’re just 24
And if your nose is long
Who cares if you’re a wanabee
Who’s never ever wrong.

You’ve served aboard a pussers ship
An you’ve been to sea.
So that makes us shipmates
And friends we’ll always be.

Please come back, Jenny Dabber,
You are so sorely missed
Not for your bad behavior or because you’re always pissed,
Not for your happy smiling face or that duty calls,
It`s just that out of all the Mods

You`re the only one with balls.
Well Jenny's back
after a break
we wondered where she'd gone
but now she's back
we're happy again
to be moderated again!

The soujourn short
we though she'd taken
Nutty to heart too much
and stomped off to a pub
with the_Matelot in tow
to drown out all their sorrows.

But all is well, for Junior Jenny
the HONTROG has returned
the Deacon's Daughter's
ready for action
so batten down the hatches
and cry

Ahoy for Jenny, Jesters and the RN!

Er, that's it...
Think I'm i lurve with you all :oops:

steve34

sgtpepperband said:
Not convinced. Too many dates with that female secretary. Then, on a more practical level, either he would crush his partner or his partner would be unable to penetrate the layers of protective puppy blubber. So he must be as straight as Norman Tebbit.
He's built for comfort, not for speed!
It may be small but it fills a pram!
And it may be small but it's got 20-stones pushing it in!

(I can't believe I've published my best trapping lines...)[/quote

I Cannot agree more. For the last 10 years of my career, prior to the compulsory RNFT I my add, I was a 17 stone Fanny Magnet. However, I never once failed a leadership course fitness test. There is another side to this thread. How many bods on this site have had to put their self in dangerous situation because a 9 stone bottle merchant cannot complete the real task in hand. I think the view of many posters on here would change if they were in such a "save a life" situation. It wouldn't have been considered acceptable at the time in my situation if I had turned round and said "sorry I am a fat bas!!!d I am not going back into that fire because that Skinny T!!T has bottled it. Get real people, face up to the realistic operation scenarios, not just the "they are a fat bastard who cannot complete the mile and a half run" so they are completely useless. One day the fat F!!!er may save your life as they have more overall stamina and strength to pull you out of that blazing bilge. Also don't forget! "He who has more fat floats longest"!

steve34 said:
sgtpepperband said:
Not convinced. Too many dates with that female secretary. Then, on a more practical level, either he would crush his partner or his partner would be unable to penetrate the layers of protective puppy blubber. So he must be as straight as Norman Tebbit.
He's built for comfort, not for speed!
It may be small but it fills a pram!
And it may be small but it's got 20-stones pushing it in!

(I can't believe I've published my best trapping lines...)[/quote

I Cannot agree more. For the last 10 years of my career, prior to the compulsory RNFT I my add, I was a 17 stone Fanny Magnet. However, I never once failed a leadership course fitness test. There is another side to this thread. How many bods on this site have had to put their self in dangerous situation because a 9 stone bottle merchant cannot complete the real task in hand. I think the view of many posters on here would change if they were in such a "save a life" situation. It wouldn't have been considered acceptable at the time in my situation if I had turned round and said "sorry I am a fat bas!!!d I am not going back into that fire because that Skinny T!!T has bottled it. Get real people, face up to the realistic operation scenarios, not just the "they are a fat bastard who cannot complete the mile and a half run" so they are completely useless. One day the fat F!!!er may save your life as they have more overall stamina and strength to pull you out of that blazing bilge. Also don't forget! "He who has more fat floats longest"!
But which way up do you float? I was in a swimming pool on my recent cruise and I almost capsized head down when I tried to do breast stroke. Mind you my breasts weren't really big enough for doing breast stroke in the first place - too flabby!!! :oops:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
You know you're too fat when you've got a line of blackheads under your tits (this applies to males and females)!

imom1406

War Hero
I always thought you need a few fattioes on board, it struck me while sitting in the Aft DC base and watching a portly stoker try and get through a kidney hatch, "what an excellent damage control plug he'd make for blown kidney hatches".....so in my humble opinion you need at least three fatties per DC bases!

Darb

Lantern Swinger
Lol i do think its unfair me and a friend went though training together ive worked hard and she put on weight and got dwongraded for it and now shes the one getting promoted in to a cussy job!!
In my day, the response would be:

"Its life in a blue suit, if you can't hack it, you shouldn't have joined" :wink:

flipflop

Midshipman
fishmiester said:

Fishmiester rant over
Me too, Happy days.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Diamond Lil's 57
broadside Current Affairs 10
G Diamond Lil's 45