OVERWEIGHT SAILORS

D

Deleted 7

OK, hold your horses!

Promotion, is it not based on your task books and your personal profile's and D.O. meetings, or whatever they are called?

Because on person, slightly over weigth, is promoted over you, doesn't mean she got promoted for being downgraded, that is complete bull.

Maybe she was slightly better at the job than you are!

Jenny_Dabber said:
OK, hold your horses!

Promotion, is it not based on your task books and your personal profile's and D.O. meetings, or whatever they are called?

Because on person, slightly over weigth, is promoted over you, doesn't mean she got promoted for being downgraded, that is complete bull.

Maybe she was slightly better at the job than you are!
Maybe she looked more cute? :lol:

andym

War Hero
Jenny_Dabber said:
OK, hold your horses!

quote]
Ok so how did Johnny 2 Jags get so far up the PM's arse????

D

Deleted 7

andym said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
OK, hold your horses!

quote]
He was gay?

fishmiester

Banned
The fitness test is a great idea.

What grips my Poo is that I as a 39 1/2 year old have to achieve a level which is far higher than the youngest WREN.
What makes it worse is that I achieve my goal whilst watching some 18 year old lard a**e girl fail.
Oh yes and by the way I AM at least 2 stone over weight,
But I can drink 8 pints of Stella, not beat up my Missis and still turn to at 0800 AND I am in date for the RNFT.

Fishmiester rant over

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Q: Three Wrens (a blonde, a brunette and a redhead) each on the promotion signal. One is P2, one is P7RA and one is P7RD. Which one get their Rate first?

A: The one with the biggest tits!!

Jenny_Dabber said:
OK, hold your horses!

andym said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
He was gay?
Not convinced. Too many dates with that female secretary. Then, on a more practical level, either he would crush his partner or his partner would be unable to penetrate the layers of protective puppy blubber. So he must be as straight as Norman Tebbit.

medic86

well coz they downgraded her they had to find a suitable job for her and they only one they cud find was a killocks job and her health problems are due to her weight!!!
maybe i am a bit bitter but ive been working hard towards promotion

D

Deleted 7

fishmiester said:
The fitness test is a great idea.

What grips my Poo is that I as a 39 1/2 year old have to achieve a level which is far higher than the youngest WREN.
What makes it worse is that I achieve my goal whilst watching some 18 year old lard a**e girl fail.
Oh yes and by the way I AM at least 2 stone over weight,
But I can drink 8 pints of Stella, not beat up my Missis and still turn to at 0800 AND I am in date for the RNFT.

Fishmiester rant over
And after all that, I can still knock 10 tonnes of puppy fat out of you and run the RNFT in the required time :wink:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Not convinced. Too many dates with that female secretary. Then, on a more practical level, either he would crush his partner or his partner would be unable to penetrate the layers of protective puppy blubber. So he must be as straight as Norman Tebbit.
He's built for comfort, not for speed!
It may be small but it fills a pram!
And it may be small but it's got 20-stones pushing it in!

(I can't believe I've published my best trapping lines...)

D

Deleted 7

P7RD - Can't do your job role what so ever, not allowed on ship, so do feck all.

P7RA - Can do your job along side and therefore you are still open for promotion form what I gather (?) but that is more on the SnS trade.

What was P7RB??

medic86

p7ra is allowed to work ashore or a ship in habour in own trade
p7rb is allowed to work ashore in own trade
p7rc is allowed to work on a ship in habour or a shore in limited role
p7rd is allowed to work ashore in limted role

To be honest I am surprised the Andrew has this problem. I thought matelots still doubled everywhere, in which case being fat ought to be physiologically difficult to achieve (unless you're a Stoker). If you no longer double everywhere then perhaps you should start doing it again. The underfit and overweight will then either shed pounds, end up on a slab in the sickbay or resign. A bit callous I know, but I am astonished that matelots can remain in an armed force yet be physically disabled through obesity. After all, the reason for not allowing physically disabled people to join the Services given in Parliament is that they could not perform their role. Where does that argument go if the Service retains physically disabled personnel? If you can retain physically disabled matelots then you are directly discriminating against physically disabled potential recruits by denying them entry! I suspect the powers that be will argue that they are not discriminating against existing employees by making reasonable adjustments. But of course if this the case, why can't it make reasonable adjustments to enable physically disabled people to join in the first place? This could end up being tested in Strasbourg - what argument would the Forces advance to oppose inclusion having undermined their own case?

Their case would be undermined still further by the fact that for a good many the obesity would probably not be due to an underlying medical condition, but underexercise and overeating. In other words, a self-inflicted and avoidable disability.

WATCH THIS SPACE!!!

brigham600

War Hero
How the hell can the RN continue to promote both men and women who are clearly not medically fit? It stinks. Always has done and always will.

It is a kick in the teeth for people who keep themselves fit and ready for promotion in ALL respects.

To the people who say you do not have to be fit to be promoted, I suggest you re-read the BR. Then again, I can only imagine they are the fatties, medically downgraded wasters and general malingerers who make up a large percentage of the RN these days. Weed them out and promote those who deserve it more. You can ram the 'but they were more ready for promotion attitude' as well - because they obviously are not.

I can remember a PO who was P7RD, could not pass his RNFT and had not attended a POLC cause he was a fat usless fcuker. What happens? He gets his LACRS given to him. Makes a complete mockery of the promotion system. Before you say it, I was and had been a CRS sometime when it happened.

Squirrel

Lantern Swinger
It's a bit of a difficult one for me this, I try not to see things as black and white but sometimes just can't help myself.
My two pence......
...if an individual is just a fat, lazy, greedy fcuker, then I agree with what everyone's said, and they shouldn't be considered for promotion until they can pass their RNFT - simple.
...if an individual is suffering from some underlying medical condition, that prevents them from being able to train for their RNFT, or precludes them from doing physical training, or indeed if they are very overweight through no fault of their own (don't laugh, there are some conditions out there, couldn't name any though, I'm not a scablifter) then I think they have a case to attend one of the Restricted Syllabus leadership courses and get themselves rated up ON CONDITION that they strive to get themselves medically and physically fit at the earliest possible opportunity.
HOWEVER, I have little sympathy with those who have become ill, and subsequently legitimately medically downgraded, as a result of not having taken care of themselves through lack of exercise and poor diet and booze.
In short, I don't think it's fair to tar all fatties with the same brush, and I wouldn't agree with a blanket "fatties shouldn't be promoted".

There, feel better now.

sparkerbuntingnowcis

Lantern Swinger
Totally agree Brigham, I thought to get your local actings nowdays you had to complete LRCC/SRCC therefore if you have not managed to do these courses you shouldn't be rated up. I concur about the BR one of the requisites for promotion is to be medically fit, or it used to be.

Yours overweight but never failed RNFT.

D

Deleted 7

Right, so we have it, the RAF/RM/Army make you do PT atleast once a week and the RN doesn't, unless you are on course.

What does that say? Give people a choice, gym or early start on the booze etc

I know you can not place the blame on one place but the RN should consider the lack of fitness levels and make people do PT. Doesn't the RAF and the army hold their FT's once every 6 months?

I would like to add my tuppence worth as well if that's ok with all, and am using myself as an example.

I am not in the RN but am due to see them on the 25th to get the ball rolling since I have discovered the more generous recruitment policy regarding age.

I am 31 now and from the ages of 18-26 I worked for the civil service mainly sitting on my arrse apart from a 4 year spell in the TA. For years I struggled to get beyond 10 stone, it was only my recruits course for the TA that actually got me to 10.5 stone due to 3 big meals a day plus exercise. I might add at this point that I ate like a starving shark beforehand anyway. When I hit 25 I started to put on weight like you couldnt believe, by the time I got married in 2000 I had got to a 34" waist and a year later I was a 38" pushing 40" weighing in at nearly 16 stone. I remembered the words of an old boss which went like "wait til you're 25 then you will start to get a bit porky".

I quit my office job and joined Royal Mail on a short term contract and within 3 months I had got back down to a 34" and had lost 1.5 stone. I hadn't changed my eating or drinking habits (in fact I ate and drank more) but it was just regular exercise.

My weight didn't begin to change until 2004 when my wife and I split. The fact that I was not doing any more fancy cooking and Sunday lunches etc meant that I just ate to fuel myself and consequently my weight has dropped to the 12 stone mark. If I drop too much lower (I am 6ft) then I will be regarded as underweight.

The main point of this particular post (and I do apologise if it has dragged on too long :oops: , is that an individual's weight can be based on many things, including metabolism, personal health/circs, diet, level of activity etc and therefore anyone who is a bit "porky" should not automatically be dismissed as a "lazy fatherless who doesn't deserve promotion etc", particularly as if you had seen me pre 25 and now you would probably have used me to clean out a 4.5in gun, whereas in the middle you may well have boarded me by mistake thinking I was your next draft :lol: .

Stab

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Diamond Lil's 57
broadside Current Affairs 10
G Diamond Lil's 45