Overseas application help

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
So ive just received an email saying I can be "booked into the office (I won't state the location) for the 15, 22 or 29th of January.

The title of the email is "Full medical etc"
As I am overseas I've already had some of the medical done like my eye test, I was wondering if anyone who's applied from overseas or anyone that has knowledge in overseas could let me know what I'll be doing during my time in the UK (is it just my full medical, will I be doing any tests etc)
And how long would I need to be there for
None of this is an issue I would just appreciate some clarification if anyone has any idea as I have received no information apart from "I can be booked into the ***** office for these dates"
Any help is appreciated
Thank you

Drakey

War Hero
Reply with the date that suits you and then they will tell you where you need to go and how long you need to be in the UK for.

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
So I've just received an email...

Did that email have a 'From' address?

If yes have you considered sending all your various queries to that address?
Yes I have, I am still waiting for a reply (ofcourse I don't expect one instantly) so I thought id ask here aswell as the more information the better !

Re: Max9393: Yes I have, I am still waiting for a reply (ofcourse I don't expect one instantly).
Good. Patience is a virtue often forgotten by those expecting swift responses.

Re: Max9393: so I thought id ask here as well as the more information the better !
Very well - Up to that point when well-meaning contributors offer up conflicting information/advice.

Helpful as it may seem please remember that RR is an unofficial website, so be wary and always "Check any advice with your AFCO" as not all opinions here are those of the service.

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
Re: Max9393: Yes I have, I am still waiting for a reply (ofcourse I don't expect one instantly).
Good. Patience is a virtue often forgotten by those expecting swift responses.

Re: Max9393: so I thought id ask here as well as the more information the better !
Very well - Up to that point when well-meaning contributors offer up conflicting information/advice.

Helpful as it may seem please remember that RR is an unofficial website, so be wary and always "Check any advice with your AFCO" as not all opinions here are those of the service.
Good point, and thank you for the response.

datlaidbackdude

Midshipman
max9393,
i am also from commonwealth and received a call from CAPITA and wanted to know what my next step will be since you are ahead of me and you are also from commonwealth. thanks

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
max9393,
i am also from commonwealth and received a call from CAPITA and wanted to know what my next step will be since you are ahead of me and you are also from commonwealth. thanks
I'm born in England living in Spain, so I'm not commonwealth but I assume the process is the same.
After the call(I'm guessing this was your nurse triage call) they send your details to your AFCO and they email you with the next step, I was told that they was ready for me to come to the UK a month and half ago aprox and this week I received some optional dates for me to choose to come to England, In which they book your visit to your local AFCO and I am still waiting on a response on what I'll be doing.
I assume it's some fitness tests (not sure about PJFT) the medical, RT test and interview.
But like I say I'm waiting for a response so I'm not sure, I'll keep the thread updated

For ALL contributors to this thread - Serious Suggestion.

Perhaps some, or one of you Commonwealth-ers, might be prepared to run a thread devoted to your Application progress, experiences & timelines?

I'm thinking suchlike would be a very useful source for others from the Commonwealth seeking guidance in the future, especially if this Forum's Moderator uplifts it to 'Sticky' status.

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
For ALL contributors to this thread - Serious Suggestion.

Perhaps some, or one of you Commonwealth-ers, might be prepared to run a thread devoted to your Application progress, experiences & timelines?

I'm thinking suchlike would be a very useful source for others from the Commonwealth seeking guidance in the future, especially if this Forum's Moderator uplifts it to 'Sticky' status.
I'll be starting a thread with my full current application process soon in which I'll update each step as needed.

I'll be starting a thread with my full current application process soon in which I'll update each step as needed.

I'm sure your thread will be useful but you've already stated
<<I'm born in England living in Spain, so I'm not commonwealth but I assume the process is the same...>>

Be interesting to compare with a Commonwealth applicant's progress but the wise would be wary of assuming or presuming anything, especially WRT the RN!

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
I'm sure your thread will be useful but you've already stated
<<I'm born in England living in Spain, so I'm not commonwealth but I assume the process is the same...>>

Be interesting to compare with a Commonwealth applicant's progress but the wise would be wary of assuming or presuming anything, especially WRT the RN!
True, I'll do it to try and assist future overseas none commonwealth and whoever's a commonwealth citizen can take from it what they wish
I'll just state the process may not be entirely the same!

datlaidbackdude

Midshipman
Am sure the process for overseas is not different from the commonwealth process because it is handled by the same desk i.e overseas desk in london