Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Grog_Rat, Aug 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am fooking outraged with all these places that offer student discount. Whenever I see it I make a point of asking if they do armed forces discount, the knobs always say no, and look at you like your scum for asking. What have these lecherous student plebs contributed to the country? Fnck all! So why do they get rewarded for it and we get told to politely fnck off.

Fooking outraged!

And these elf and safety freaks, can't get some hot water in a restaraunt to warm my babys bottle up, because I might scald myself, but I can get a coffee, eh?

I hate being on leave, the outside world always leaves me outraged, if I have to put up with it for more than a weekend.
  2. Because there are fcukloads of them and they don't have much money. Hence give them an incentive (discount) to come to your shop rather than someone else's.

Corporate Britain does not give a flying fcuk what the armed forces do for the country because there is no financial incentive for them to do so. Fire up the outrage bus!
  3. I know your right dunkers, but it still pisses me off.
  4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Put the bottle in the coffee, double result, bottle warms, coffee cools.
  5. Fcuking shoot all students. :twisted:

'Old on! I'm now a civvy and shortly to start a Higher Education course. 8O Stop the war, ban the whale, save the ant! Money for education, not the military. Blah, blah, blah. Where's my student discount? Is it lunchtime already? I'd better get up. (It's just like being a Pinky) :lol:
  6. As well it should, I don't disagree with you btw. Coming home from Afghanistan to discover the British public doesn't give a sh1t (or even know) about your risking life and limb has to be pretty depressing. And then you can't even get 10% off stationery at WH Smith? FFS.
  7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

And the bollox that began this bargeworthy thread

'Corporate discounts' to the Armed Forces and veterans' organisations are everywhere. They are more useful than 10 % off an A4 Ruled Pad. You're not looking very hard.
  8. Yer; but. :wink:
  9. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

dunkers wrote
    You fcuking what? Or is there some subtle sarcasm in there that has passed me by?

Oh and read the press, especially the letters pages. With a few exceptions, even the anti mission brigade are pro HMAF, even if they don't know the difference between a Bootie and a Pongo.

Guzzler, thanks for the link. And there is the book of MOD discounts out there.
  10. The only outrage is that you only have to ask for discount in the present climate and you will get it.

I have not paid the ticket price for the following which I have bought since Jan this year:

Sony Flat screen telly...25% off.........Sony Centre
    HP Laptop..................30% off..........Stapples
    Cooker .....................25% off...........Co -Op
    Washing machine 15% off Curry's
    Sieko Kynetic watch 30% off..........Independent shop.
    Hotel room for 14 days 60% off walk in rate....Booked on Line.

So if you want money off just ask everyone will do a deal these days.

Enjoy the experiance I do
  11. I think that's probably Grog_Rat 's point. Anybody can get discount, without being a Serviceman.

Who's going to be first to ask you about the Sieko Kynetic watch?
  12. Yes. I had rather hoped that quipping about 10% off in WH Smith would indicate I wasn't serious.
  13. Guzzler, many thanks for that link which I have now registered and will use without doubt.

You are a star, a MON star
  14. A few of non-internet businesses that offer an Armed Forces discount:

Burger King - 10%
    Milletts - 10%
    Coventry City Football Club - 50% (it should be more - the footy is sh1t)

Should we have a sticky to list the fine businesses that do support HMAF?

15. You have TV's down there 8O Golly gosh, you colonials have come on in recent years :wink:
  16. Why would you want to heat your baby's bottle? Do you think women who breastfeed have heater tapes in their bras? Your baby is designed to take it's feed at body temperature.
  17. Blacks also give a forces discount!

Golf courses owned by Crown (there are 30 of them mostly around surrey/Hants) Offer a forces discount that results in Servicemen paying less than students and even pensioners :lol: