Outdoor clothing

Discussion in 'Travel & The Great Outdoors' started by daffy1, Aug 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right guys im of to the Scottish highlands in the next couple of weeks, going for a week and taking the girlfriend camping. Does anyone know some good online outdoor clothing sites that sells good quality gear but alot cheaper than i would pay for in the shops? , I have tried ebay, and quite a few others but all the prices are the same and they are either too small or too big. I have most of my stuff its mainly for my girlfriend, any help would be nice.
  2. I know you have already tried ebay but it depend what your looking for on there for your girlfriend. I got some of my outdoor kit off there but from my experience your best bet is to go to the shops and see what they got on in the sales. Go Outdoors is a good shop to try.
  3. Try here, cheap regatta stuff which will do her: Cheapo kit

Or, believe it or not, TK max, I saw some Berghaus and HH stuff in there a while ago.
  4. Slightly off track, but if you are serving don't forget that Blacks do a forces discount if you show your id card.
  5. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

The weather is about to change again, so make sure you take a head net or midge repellent.
  6. Good tip, Witsend.

I once read in the Scotsman that the Avon Ladies of Helensburgh did very well with sales of their Skin So Soft product to personnel at Faslane because of its midge-repelling properties.
  7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I believe there best customers where the booties, who planned to apply it during a naked roll matt session. :roll:
  8. Top Tip as I plan on visiting the Victoria store on my way back to Pompey on Sunday.

I know also that Trespass (good/cheap) also do Forces Discount as I brought some bags and shorts there a couple of months ago.

Cotswold Outdoor also do Forces Discount (The Covent Garden store also getting a visit on Sunday). Still have my tried and trusted Buffalo Jacket brought 19 years ago from there!
  9. Any chance of a STICKY Mods, with online/offline store discounts and/or cheap clothing/gear?
  10. Thought you haggis boys were tough - whats up with the kilt, knickers allowed during cold spells.