Outbreak of freedom of speech in Wales

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
Incredible! The result really surprised me on this one. Whilst I don't necessarily agree with his narrow minded attitude, I do believe in the right to peaceful protest and he should never have been stopped.

This is particularly important when you consider that many of the recent protests by the more fanatical elements of the Muslim communities have been inciting murder and anarchy and yet most are left to get on with it.

What a strange country we live in.

SF

slim

War Hero
What has gone wrong with our country.
Is freedom of speech now only available to Muslim clerics?
They seem to be able to promote the stoning of homosexuals without fear of any repercussions
Though I disagree with his point of view I believe that he is entitled to it and if he wishes hand out leaflets condemning homosexuality. He was carrying out a peaceful protest in line with his beliefs.
The Welsh police would be better served fighting real crime which is happening on their patch

Green, unusually in this case, was not inciting hatred against gays. His statements at this Mardi Gras were perfectly reasonable. However his past record may have given the police reasonable grounds to fear that his behaviour could have led to a breach of the peace and public disorder may thereby have arisen. Green has no qualms in using his website to propergate misinformation about gays and gays in the police in particular, which itself could lead to others using violence towards gays, whether or not he deliberately sets out to incite this sort of conduct. The Human Rights Act does not entitle him to do this as he has overstepped the mark in seeking to deny gays their rights and freedoms - a prohibited act. He is entitled to say that in his opinion, penile-**** penetration (PAP) is sinful because the Bible appears to say so. Whilst his theological beliefs entitle him to condemn PAP they do not entitle him to condemn any other activity by gays on grounds of religion. Other beliefs about gays and what homosexuality entails are opinions and not faith positions. If opinions that are not faith positions, and not thereby protected speech breach the Public Order Act or OAPA he should not be protected. When a Christian or Muslim asserts gays spread disease this is not a legitimate faith position - it is personal opinion and not protected. Sadly there is a reluctance to fully test the scope of the law in this area by the DPP and CPS. The religious faith of many CPS & DPP staff may explain this reluctance to act.

slim

War Hero
Always_a_Civvy said:
Green, unusually in this case, was not inciting hatred against gays. His statements at this Mardi Gras were perfectly reasonable. However his past record may have given the police reasonable grounds to fear that his behaviour could have led to a breach of the peace and public disorder may thereby have arisen. Green has no qualms in using his website to propergate misinformation about gays and gays in the police in particular, which itself could lead to others using violence towards gays, whether or not he deliberately sets out to incite this sort of conduct. The Human Rights Act does not entitle him to do this as he has overstepped the mark in seeking to deny gays their rights and freedoms - a prohibited act. He is entitled to say that in his opinion, penile-**** penetration (PAP) is sinful because the Bible appears to say so. Whilst his theological beliefs entitle him to condemn PAP they do not entitle him to condemn any other activity by gays on grounds of religion. Other beliefs about gays and what homosexuality entails are opinions and not faith positions. If opinions that are not faith positions, and not thereby protected speech breach the Public Order Act or OAPA he should not be protected. When a Christian or Muslim asserts gays spread disease this is not a legitimate faith position - it is personal opinion and not protected. Sadly there is a reluctance to fully test the scope of the law in this area by the DPP and CPS. The religious faith of many CPS & DPP staff may explain this reluctance to act.
But gays do spread disease, however only the same diseases and in similar quantities to heterosexuals. However I think that Green was objecting on religious grounds and handing out religious tracts. Isn't it about time that homosexuals ignored these people. This would give them far less publicity and would be far more effective than rising to the bait.

andym

War Hero
Back to the Title,how can they have free speech with words like Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!!!!!!

slim said:
But gays do spread disease, however only the same diseases and in similar quantities to heterosexuals. However I think that Green was objecting on religious grounds and handing out religious tracts.
BZ Slim! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Isn't it about time that homosexuals ignored these people. This would give them far less publicity and would be far more effective than rising to the bait.
It would be easier to ignore them were they not so influential in Parliament, the Police and Judiciary. Could you ignore them if they sought to link, say, all male sailors with paedophilia in the same way that they seek to link all gays, using psuedoscience?

andym said:
Back to the Title,how can they have free speech with words like Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!!!!!!
I learned on my Summer cruise that all Welsh place names are descriptive of the place - hence their length. I cannot remember what Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch translates as though :oops:

slim

War Hero
andym said:
I learned on my Summer cruise that all Welsh place names are descriptive of the place - hence their length. I cannot remember what Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch translates as though :oops:[/quote]

I believe it means " The only gay in the village has left and is now appearing on television"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS £22 million awarded to life-saving health charities during virus outbreak MoD News 0
soleil Sun: "Royal Navy Submarine Crews Face 14-day Quarantine To Prevent Coronavirus Outbreak" Submariners 7
MoD_RSS eAlert: 27 April 2020 - How the Forestry Commission is supporting the forestry sector during the coronavirus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Storage limit for frozen eggs, sperm and embryos extended during coronavirus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Digital innovations tested to support vulnerable people during COVID-19 outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government urges gambling industry to tackle risks of problem gambling during coronavirus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Traffic Commissioners issue guidance on remote auditing during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak - availability of veterinary medicines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chancellor leads on G20 Finance Ministers’ Action Plan to fight Covid-19 global outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from the Rail Minister to the Rail Delivery Group on maintaining accessibility during the COVID-19 outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Support package for legal providers will ensure access to justice during coronavirus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £20 million for ambitious technologies to build UK resilience following coronavirus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cash support for food redistribution during coronavirus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £300 million announced for community pharmacies to support them during coronavirus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting disabled people through the coronavirus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Protecting Syrians amidst the COVID-19 outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New advice to support mental health during coronavirus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Traffic Commissioners require electronic communication during COVID-19 outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Senior Traffic Commissioner issues a Statutory Document in response to the COVID-19 outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £3.2 million emergency support for rough sleepers during coronavirus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Face-to-face health assessments for benefits suspended amid coronavirus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA statement on sales and pricing practices during Coronavirus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM to set out Government’s action plan on the coronavirus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK supercomputer to combat Africa’s worst locust outbreak in decades MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM to chair COBR meeting on the coronavirus outbreak MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Corona Virus outbreak: Flights from China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New team of British medics to tackle measles outbreak in Samoa over Christmas as crisis continues to claim children’s lives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK medics fight deadly measles outbreak in Samoa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK deploys more public health experts to DRC for Ebola outbreak response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak: Update on UK Response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Innovative genomics tool guides response to Lassa fever outbreak MoD News 0
soleil Pompey News: "Centenary Is Approaching For Outbreak Of Great War" History 0
chieftiff George Bush has outbreak of common sense! Current Affairs 12
MoD_RSS Statement by Media Freedom Coalition on World Press Freedom Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS E3 and Netherlands Foreign Ministers Statement on World Press Freedom Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 43: UK Statement for the Interactive Dialogue with the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMA Daniel Pruce's Speech at the Media Freedom Reception MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK supports Media Freedom in Honduras MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK steps up support for media freedom in Malawi MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Malawi hosts Media Freedom and Democracy Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS International Freedom of Religion or Belief Day: Simon Collis' message MoD News 0
MoD_RSS We need every country to recognise that attacks on media freedom are beyond the pale MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement on the Conclusion of the Ministerial Meeting on Media Freedom: A Global Responsibility MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Ahmad: There is a ‘moral imperative’ to stop threat to media freedom MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement on freedom of thought, conscience, religion or belief at HDIM 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Statement in response to the OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media at HDIM 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Appoints New PM Envoy for Freedom of Religion & Belief MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM underlines UK’s commitment to freedom of religion or belief MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Mongolian journalists attend Global Conference for Media Freedom in London MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint UK-Canada Statement on the Global Conference for Media Freedom MoD News 0