Out of UK and into the sun

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by RayDavao, Oct 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I did a stint of 12 years in the Andrew, left in 1972. Even then, with a well paid job I thought the government and local council was taking far to much of my hard earned money in tax and rates and VAT. So I left for the 'Colonies', spent 12 very good, and fruitful years in Hong Kong until 1993. Then left with my nest-egg for Davao in the southern Philippines where I have established my own hotel with pool and of course the obligatory bar. Seems UK has got even more expensive and taxed since then. Why not come and join a select few ex-pats in Davao and enjoy year round sunshine, friendly people, 1960 prices and all the trappings of western life in the Far Flung. I and my friends enjoy a few rounds of golf each week, boat parties to the beach every month, lots of very cold beer, and of course a good measure of Tanduay the local rum (at P60 a bottle). If you want more details see my web-site at redknightgardens.com I am currently doing a special for all ex armed forces guys. There are daily direct flight to Davao from London via Singapore Airlines/Silk Air. Temperature in currently 28 with not a cloud in the sky !
  2. WTF has this to do with shore bases and establishments?
    I'm sure that if you wish to advertise your hotel the site owners will be only too pleased to come to some arrangement with you.
    If all you want is free advertising then GTF
  3. I think it's nice that we see other have made a success of their life after the mob, and haven't landed in a dead-end job.
    I'm sure it's better than living in Wokingham, where ever that is.

So there is a bit of advertising in there, that's nothing to do with you, it's an admin thing. Sounds like a bit of jealousy to me.

The heading should really be 'Out of the shit into the sun'.
  4. Looks to me like the poster has no other interest than to advertise his business. After all this is his first post, perhaps it would have been better if he had a least posted in a few other forums before blatantly advertising.
    As for better than Wokingham, I spent 15 years field engineering mainly in the far east. Places included China, Philippines, Thailand, Japan and Laos, each visit normally lasted three months so enough time to get to know the places. After all this travelling the only place good enough to return to is the UK, however things are starting to change here and not for the better.
    If you want to go somewhere at a reasonable price in the far east I would recommend Thailand first followed by China. The Philippines would be lower down on the list.
  5. I've got to agree with Slim here. This bloke's first ever post is all about scene setting for his business. There's no introduction in the newbies forum or comments added to any other threads, just "this is me and my business at somefuckinghotel.com".

Perhaps a few dits about his time in the mob and where he now lives might have been a better introduction, get to know the lads on RR and for us to get to know him before slipping his advertising in.

It's just like a sprog joining his first mess in his first ship and gobbing off before he even knows where his pit is. Just rubs people up the wrong way.

As it stands, if I were to visit the place he's at I wouldn't choose his hotel based on his post on here.
  6. I agree it looks like spam, but give him a couple of days to see if he comes up wth anything else and if not class it as such, not jump straight in with 'GTF'.

I would agree with China as a visit, especially now as it has opened up somewhat.
  7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Ram your golf up your spinxter but if it's as good as you say gizza job.