Out of my misery at last....starting IOT, January 7th

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Cullie, Nov 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys,

Just had a phone call from the selection office and I've been selected to start officer training on the 7th Jan!

Just like to say a big thank you to anyone who has helped with any Q's I've posted, and wondered if there are any tips that you can think of that will help me in the future.

Are there any items to take not on the list?
    Things to learn before I start? etc.

P.S Not the usual "Get as fit as possible" as I've already heard this many a time!

Many Thanks,

Rich

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Re: Out of my misery at last....starting AIB January 7th

Congratulations mate.....or should I say Sir?? :thumright:

3. Re: Out of my misery at last....starting AIB January 7th

I'm a bit confused mate, have you already passed your AIB then? Because that isn't the start of "Officer Training".
    If its actually the AIB you are attending on Jan 7th, then I would suggest that you get brushed up on Current Affairs, RN roles and how that role fits in to the bigger picture of any deployment in time of conflict, RN presence around the globe, your prospective career path etc as well :)
    There will be lots of tips coming your way, good luck whatever you are starting in January ;)

4. Re: Out of my misery at last....starting AIB January 7th

Cheers Lamri, but no its not officer selection! I start IOT at Dartmouth in January. My mistake about the title, has been changed.

Thanks for the congratulations, I cant wait :)

5. God help us in that case, your title of the thread is ...starting AIB... but now you tell us its Officer training! Not even got your commission yet and your another one who can't make their mind up!!!

6. Re: Out of my misery at last....starting AIB January 7th

Ahh! The title of your thread threw me!
    Congratulations on passing your AIB and good luck with IOT :)
    I can't give advice on IOT because I haven't done it, but generically speaking buy yourself a good iron, and stock up on polish (believe me, Guardsman Gloss IS best, both Black and Bulls Blood, but use WITH Kiwi Black). Also plenty of yellow dusters, but wash them at home first so all the dye comes out thats going to.
    As i've already stated, you will get lots of advice here.

7. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

try looking in here..Clicky

and get fit!!

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yup, well done. Get fit.

(If you don't, you'll regret it.)

9. Congratulations mate, I didn't hear anything so I don't think I will be joining you! All the best down there! Tell me if it is a 12 person entry, that will reduce the pain somewhat!

10. Just remember that you wont get through your training onboard without the assistance of the Ships Company. Once you are fully qualified DONT turn into an ******** like a lot of them do nowdays

11. Congrats pal!

Best of luck.

12. Well done I'm sure you will look back on it as a great time of your life, even if at times it doesn't seem like that when your there.

Yes get fit and work hard, but don't forget to play hard when you get the chance.

13. Hey P_O how about creating an Official 'I'm Pissed Off Because People Have Had Jan IOT Confirmed But I Haven't' thread.

; )

14. I'll be honest, I've had better days... no News from the TSO and England's shocking performance, at home, followed by their Manager's failure to take responsibility for his shocking decisions!

Anyway blimy, I think that was the aim of sara's Sexy Retards in Limbo thread! We will get there eventually! I'll march through that central door yet!

15. That's the spirit!
    As I mentioned earlier- we should not let mass rejection put us down.

If all else fails anyone fancy setting up our own navy? I can get hold of a Laser Pico and some life jackets if you are up for it.

16. aaaaargh! its so annoying, I called him the other week and he said it could be a bit 'problematic' for me getting offered Pilot, to be honest I don't know what my decision would be if they offered me Observer.

I'm currently waiting advice from my ACLO as to what to do next. : /

I shall too be walking through that central door sometime.......... it's just when!?

17. I'm OK with creating our own one, providing we have a Picket boat sized vessel or larger. It must accomodate one lynx remote control helo so I can get my flying hours up to date!

18. Perhaps we should write to the King Of Sealand, perhaps he will make us the Officers of the Royal Sealandish Navy?

Law says its not treason as long as you don't fight against the UK!

19. Treason, pah, you can't get done for that anymore.
    I am always giving HRH a moustache on my £ coins and not once have they caught me. I am beginnning to think I am above the law.

So that is: 1 Pico, 1 Lynx, 1 former RN Cadet, 1 graduate Architect, a Blimy, and Sealand behind us...

We need some oil, a mad dictator and some comedy facial hair if the world are going to take notice.

20. 'We need some oil, a mad dictator and some comedy facial hair if the world are going to take notice.'

Loving that one!