Oil_Slick

War Hero
Lamri said:
No it didn't

_44588309_49cd3e65-b131-43f6-9039-1079b28cf752.jpg

Oh yes I did!

Oh no it didn't :)

And I quote from that very page:
"The United States said Mr Meshaal's comments did not amount to a change of position by Hamas."

I thank You, I thank You!

come_the_day said:
Lamri said:
[Who invaded who ?
After so many Jews were SLAUGHTERED by Europeans in the first half of the Twentieth Century, is it any wonder AT ALL that they went BACK HOME?

No problem with the fact that Europeans - well, Nazis - murdered any Jews they could round up, but what is now Israel was previously Palestine and the idea that it's OK to divide and displace half a population on purely religious grounds is plain ridiculous, without expecting the displaced to take offence. In biblical time, the 12 tribes of Israel were themselves displaced many times, whether by the Romans, the Egyptians or more or less any other civilisation of the time. The Jewish diaspora set up in many other countries, so the current Israel was never their home to go back to.

I disagree with that last bit, but even if it were true, where else could the Jews go? Hospitality was a bit rare in other countries.

Oil_Slick

War Hero
Crabman said:
come_the_day said:
Lamri said:
[Who invaded who ?
After so many Jews were SLAUGHTERED by Europeans in the first half of the Twentieth Century, is it any wonder AT ALL that they went BACK HOME?

No problem with the fact that Europeans - well, Nazis - murdered any Jews they could round up, but what is now Israel was previously Palestine and the idea that it's OK to divide and displace half a population on purely religious grounds is plain ridiculous, without expecting the displaced to take offence. In biblical time, the 12 tribes of Israel were themselves displaced many times, whether by the Romans, the Egyptians or more or less any other civilisation of the time. The Jewish diaspora set up in many other countries, so the current Israel was never their home to go back to.

I disagree with that last bit, but even if it were true, where else could the Jews go? Hospitality was a bit rare in other countries.

Well it may come as a surprise to you to learn that Jews were living perfectly happly in many Muslim countries until the 1947 war of Independence that many ethnic Jews who had been living happily enough in the ME for centuries were dead set against. After 1947, not unsurprisingly, the relavent governments became rather pissed at the way the Israelis had run a few million Palestinians off their land, the situation went from pissed with them to open hostility after the Six Day War.

The Zionists love to play the 'we had no were to go but back to Eratz Israel' card, but they are lying. Wanna know were the biggest Jewish population in the ME outside Israel is? That would be Iran complete with a Jewish member of the Majlis, synagues, Jewish hospitals, libraries, schools and old peoples homes. They are also expressly protected by a Fatwa issued by Ayatollah Khomeini but the 'Iran wants to wipe us out' Zionists like to skate over that rather arkward fact.

The whole State of Israel and all the problems it's caused since 1947 was never a local Jewish problem, it was brought about by European Zionists who decided in the 19th Century to 'reclaim the land' and were driven by religious zealotry. The situation long predates WWII and the Holocaust that was siezed on as a cause celebre by the zealots to legitimize their already 50 year old policy of driving the Palestinians off their land by immigration into Palestine.

Oil_Slick said:
Crabman said:
come_the_day said:
Lamri said:
[Who invaded who ?

Well it may come as a surprise to you to learn that Jews were living perfectly happly in many Muslim countries until the 1947 war of Independence that many ethnic Jews who had been living happily enough in the ME for centuries were dead set against. After 1947, not unsurprisingly, the relavent governments became rather pissed at the way the Israelis had run a few million Palestinians off their land, the situation went from pissed with them to open hostility after the Six Day War.

The Zionists love to play the 'we had no were to go but back to Eratz Israel' card, but they are lying. Wanna know were the biggest Jewish population in the ME outside Israel is? That would be Iran complete with a Jewish member of the Majlis, synagues, Jewish hospitals, libraries, schools and old peoples homes. They are also expressly protected by a Fatwa issued by Ayatollah Khomeini but the 'Iran wants to wipe us out' Zionists like to skate over that rather arkward fact. quote]

Actually it isn't a surprise anymore. There was a documentary on German TV about a year ago (not actually sure when) about Jews in Iran, and the Jewish politician was also mentioned. That this was not common knowledge DID surprise me, after all it would be good PR for Iran. Although the situation is at odds with Iran's vitriolic anti-Israel propaganda and financial support of terrorism.

PS. To compare the IDF with the SS is a bit inaccurate to put it mildy. The SS itself was not armed, however the Waffen SS had a considerable armed capability including armour. Plus of course the ideology was just a bit different.

Oil_Slick

War Hero
Crabman said:
Oil_Slick said:
Crabman said:
come_the_day said:
Lamri said:
[Who invaded who ?

The Zionists love to play the 'we had no were to go but back to Eratz Israel' card, but they are lying. Wanna know were the biggest Jewish population in the ME outside Israel is? That would be Iran complete with a Jewish member of the Majlis, synagues, Jewish hospitals, libraries, schools and old peoples homes. They are also expressly protected by a Fatwa issued by Ayatollah Khomeini but the 'Iran wants to wipe us out' Zionists like to skate over that rather arkward fact. quote]

Actually it isn't a surprise anymore. There was a documentary on German TV about a year ago (not actually sure when) about Jews in Iran, and the Jewish politician was also mentioned. That this was not common knowledge DID surprise me, after all it would be good PR for Iran. Although the situation is at odds with Iran's vitriolic anti-Israel propaganda and financial support of terrorism.

PS. To compare the IDF with the SS is a bit inaccurate to put it mildy. The SS itself was not armed, however the Waffen SS had a considerable armed capability including armour. Plus of course the ideology was just a bit different.

Gets better too… Shaul Mofaz… the current Israeli Minister of Transportation and a Deputy Prime Minister, and a former Minister of Defense. Iranian Jew.

Anyone who's been to Iran knows about the Iranian Jews but AIPAC spend a lot of time and energy tryng to surpress the subject or portraying them as 'Uncle Toms' as their presence in Iran doesn't play well with their claim of imminent Armageddon at the hands of Iran.

Oil_Slick said:
Crabman said:
Oil_Slick said:
Crabman said:
come_the_day said:
Lamri said:
[Who invaded who ?

Gets better too… Shaul Mofaz… the current Israeli Minister of Transportation and a Deputy Prime Minister, and a former Minister of Defense. Iranian Jew.

Anyone who's been to Iran knows about the Iranian Jews but AIPAC spend a lot of time and energy tryng to surpress the subject or portraying them as 'Uncle Toms' as their presence in Iran doesn't play well with their claim of imminent Armageddon at the hands of Iran.

Hands up anyone who has been to Iran, willingly that is? :roll:

Oil_Slick said:
Crabman said:
Oil_Slick said:
Crabman said:
come_the_day said:
Lamri said:
[Who invaded who ?

AIPAC get a lot of "help" is this respect in the form of Iranian propaganda and the stated intention to wipe out Israel. ( I wonder why the Iranians want nuclear weapons? No threats from the former Soviet Republic to the North, no threats from Afghanistan, and no threats anymore from Iraq)
As for Shaul Mofaz, I'm waiting for the day when a Russian/Soviet Jew gets into high office, or is there one already there?

Bergen

ADC
finknottle said:
Oil_Slick said:
Crabman said:
Oil_Slick said:
Crabman said:
come_the_day said:
Lamri said:
[Who invaded who ?

Hands up anyone who have been to Iran, willingly that is? :roll:

IRAN - Bandar Abbas, Isfahan, Kharg, Lavan, Sirri, Tehran. :bball:

PERSIAN GULF LITTORAL -Basra, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar. :thumright:

ARABIAN SEA - Oman [Muscat City / Gebel Akdar / Salalah / Mussandam Penninsular], Aden. :thumright:

UAE - Dubai, Abu Zhabay, Fujaira, Ras al-Khaima, Ajman, Sharjah, Umm al-Qaywayn, Sir Bani Yas :thumright:

ISRAEL - Tel Aviv, Jerusalem. :thumbdown:

EGYPT - Cairo, Alexandria, Ishmailia, Suez City, Port Said :farao:

SINAI - Ras Budran, Gebel Musa, Sharm el-Sheikh, Mitla and Giddi Passes :thumright:

Also been to Muckle Flugga if you're interested :dwarf:

RM