Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our reign of terror, by the Israeli army

Oil_Slick

War Hero
Bergen said:
wave_dodger said:
Wayhay, its the Oil_Slick and Bergan Anti-Israel Show. How many more interesting facts can the dynamic duo Google?

If you were to extract your head from your arse then you might grasp the difference between Israelis and Zionists. It irks me just a tad when morons like your good self accept the atrocities perpetrated by the IDF and then attempt to trivialize the subject by inane posts.

RM

The Israeli government have been extremely dilligent in their PR efforts to confuse the issue between Zionists, Israelis and Jews.

Attack Israel and the play the 'you hate us poor jews' card. Attack the zionists and it's the 'you hate Israel and want to see it destroyed' card.

They have an excuse for all seasons and reasons.

Bergen

ADC
Lamri said:
Come on guys, lets not turn this into a slanging match :)
We can't all get on all of the time, I'm a prime example of that!
These forums are full of posts that have two or more people arguing on one subject and completely in tune on another!

Well made point Lam; what I really object to though are these eedjit posts from people like WD who take a serious point made on a serious subject and reduce them to personal attacks. Put in a nutshell; WD can go kiss my round, brown and corrugated if he thinks he is going to get away with it :thumright:

RM

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
[quote="Bergen]people like WD who take a serious point made on a serious subject and reduce them to personal attacks. Put in a nutshell; WD can go kiss my round, brown and corrugated if he thinks he is going to get away with it :thumright: RM[/quote]

Good grief, did my post upset you Bergan? I find it hard to equate "Wayhay, its the Oil_Slick and Bergan Anti-Israel Show. How many more interesting facts can the dynamic duo Google?" as a personal attack, but your response "It irks me just a tad when morons like your good self" probably does come into that category.

If you're going to post something that others may find contentious or otherwise then surely you have to expect comments that you may or may not agree with otherwise why post?

Oil_Slick

War Hero
Back to the issue in hand, the much vaunted Israeli Defence Forces…

Apart from the US DoD who seem to have a permanent hard on for the IDF, and Turkey who are busy supressing the Kurds, (Apatheid SA also loved the IDF too, no surprise there), does the rest of the worlds 'grown up' Armed Forces feel some need to train with or think they can gain something from training with the IDF?

Nope… go figure.

There has been lots of talk about how the IDF really acts and behaves over the years, but only recently have former IDF personnel felt brave enough too speak out, (and risk a long jail term), and it does not make nice reading.

After 50+ years of playing the 'the world owes us special treatment because of what the Nazis did' card, it seems the IDF would fit right in with the Reichs Fuehrers finest.

AfterSSE

War Hero
WD does have a valid point regardless, I have yet to see in any of these posts where Bergen and OS try their best to denounce the Israeli's that they also denounce the poor pathetic brainwashed Palestinian teenagers who straps on a few pounds of explosives and makes there way to a non military target and proceeds to blow up women and children, I suppose they are allowed because of the past transgressions of said Jews...rose coloured glasses come to mind...

Oil_Slick

War Hero
AfterSSE said:
WD does have a valid point regardless, I have yet to see in any of these posts where Bergen and OS try their best to denounce the Israeli's that they also denounce the poor pathetic brainwashed Palestinian teenagers who straps on a few pounds of explosives and makes there way to a non military target and proceeds to blow up women and children, I suppose they are allowed because of the past transgressions of said Jews...rose coloured glasses come to mind...

Well lets see, you invade my country, treat me like shit, abuse, torture my people, kill large numbers of my women and children, destroy houses to 'encourage les autes' and leave me living a life devoid of any hope… well guess what? You don't exactly leave me many options do you?

I can live like a dog on my knees or die like a man on my feet.

And as for the Isaelies killed? Funny how when a bomber kills a single Israeli woman or child we have the Israelis howling from the rooftops about the 'save and barbaric palestinian terrorists', yet oddly enough, when an Israeli Hellfire missile is fired into a block of flats to kill a sniper and takes out a dozen wholely innocent men, women and children they dismiss it as 'collateral damage'.

AfterSSE

War Hero
Oil_Slick said:
Well lets see, you invade my country, treat me like shit, abuse, torture my people, kill large numbers of my women and children, destroy houses to 'encourage les autes' and leave me living a life devoid of any hope… well guess what? You don't exactly leave me many options do you?

I can live like a dog on my knees or die like a man on my feet.

Hmmm, you can use that for just about every country on this planet, lets see the English can be thrown in for some of that, North America comes to mind, lets see the natives were there first, and along comes the Europeans, so by your reckoning the natives here should be lobbing bombs at Parliament or Buckingham Palace, or infiltrating as tourists with strapped explosives and setting them off in downtown London, or the Irish being persecuted and hounded down by Cromwell and his buddies, or (pick any country in Africa) or Australia, or China, lets see the Opium Barons didn't like the Chinese undercutting their profits, so decided to start a war, which in the long run worked out quite well for the Chinese...

Oh and then there's India and Ceylon, or Burma and a few other countries, for a learned fellow you do seem to forget that a lot of what you say about the Israeli's can be applied to yourself, so what's that saying? Those that live in glass houses....

And just to finish off, while the Nazi's were implementing the Grand Design, where were the two faced politicians then?
They spent years prior to hostilities breaking out being persecuted and yet "civilized" countries like Britain stood fast and allowed the atrocities to take place, if I were a survivor of the Holocaust and I set foot on promised land and you stood in my way to realising my dream, then sunshine your history, you are either with us or against us, so in that regard I can fully understand their need to establish a place to live...lets not forget the UK wasn't really forthcoming in providing a safe haven for them and to our shame neither did Canada, for that matter no country stepped up to help them.

So conspiracy theories aside, and I in no way give the Israeli's a clean slate as they are responsible for some bad stuff, but until either side can sit down without interference (Syria/Egypt/Jordan/Iran/Saudi Arabia/Yemen/Kuwait/USA) this will not get resolved.

come_the_day

Lantern Swinger
Lamri said:
[Who invaded who ?
After so many Jews were SLAUGHTERED by Europeans in the first half of the Twentieth Century, is it any wonder AT ALL that they went BACK HOME?

No problem with the fact that Europeans - well, Nazis - murdered any Jews they could round up, but what is now Israel was previously Palestine and the idea that it's OK to divide and displace half a population on purely religious grounds is plain ridiculous, without expecting the displaced to take offence. In biblical time, the 12 tribes of Israel were themselves displaced many times, whether by the Romans, the Egyptians or more or less any other civilisation of the time. The Jewish diaspora set up in many other countries, so the current Israel was never their home to go back to.

I have already posted this about "Palestine" but obviously you either haven't read it OR ignored it.

Jews had lived in "Eretz Yisrael (the land of Israel, called "Palestine" by the Romans and Greeks) since about 1200 B.C.E. The land of Israel was at a crossroads of the Middle East and the Mediterranean and was therefore conquered many times: by Egyptians, Hittites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Seleucid Greeks and Romans, as well as invading Philistines. Of these, only the Jews made the land into their national home.

I say again, they just went HOME!!

Oil_Slick

War Hero
Lamri said:
I have already posted this about "Palestine" but obviously you either haven't read it OR ignored it.

Jews had lived in "Eretz Yisrael (the land of Israel, called "Palestine" by the Romans and Greeks) since about 1200 B.C.E. The land of Israel was at a crossroads of the Middle East and the Mediterranean and was therefore conquered many times: by Egyptians, Hittites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Seleucid Greeks and Romans, as well as invading Philistines. Of these, only the Jews made the land into their national home.

I say again, they just went HOME!!

So how did Jews who've lived in Europe for 1,000+ years 'just go home'…

Can I wonder over to Burgundy and kick some Phrog family off their land claiming 'Piss of Jauques, my great Grandfather 99 times removed lived here during the Middle Ages when we owned it'…

Seems fair to me.

I'm talking spiritually.

Oil_Slick

War Hero
Lamri said:
I'm talking spiritually.

I sense my 'spiritual home' is somewhere a bloody sight warmer than here…

So are you up for it? We descend on Burgundy and disposess all those Phrench Pheasants and grab their hot and sunny land.

Certainly Not!
As much as I hate what has become of it, England is my spiritual home :) shell of its former self though it may be.

Oh no it didn't :)

And I quote from that very page:
"The United States said Mr Meshaal's comments did not amount to a change of position by Hamas."

I thank You, I thank You!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil Pompey News: "21-Gun Salute To Mark Anniversary Of Queen’s Reign" Bases / Shore Est 4
MoD_RSS Far-right terror group proscribed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK loans Estonia four Jackal vehicles to support counter-terror mission in Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 14-year minimum jail terms for most dangerous terror offenders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government proposes duty to protect public spaces from terror MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM joins 'Christchurch Call to Action' on online terror MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Pakistan: Terror group leader added to UN Sanctions list MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Terror survivors call for businesses and religious organisations to help protect UK against attacks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Sri Lanka terror attacks: Foreign Secretary statement to the House MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Mother of Manchester terror attack victim calls for protective security improvements at 2019 Step Change Summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary reaffirms commitment to fight against terror in Nigeria MoD News 0
BillyNoMates The Terror Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
MoD_RSS Speech: How Global Britain is helping to win the struggle against Islamist terror MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK ramps up counter-terror effort in Iraq as Daesh caliphate crumbles MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM statement following London terror attack: 15 September 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK and France complete joint counter-terror mission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Home Secretary Amber Rudd calls for united stand against online terror MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Tech innovators urged to use their skills to tackle terror threat MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Five Eye countries join Britain’s call to remove terror content online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: PM statement following terror attack in Finsbury Park: 19 June 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: PM statement following London terror attack: 4 June 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK terror threat raised to 'Critical' MoD News 0
Sumo Another night of terror Current Affairs 150
MoD_RSS Press release: Legal basis for striking terror targets set out MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to Parliament: Home Secretary on the Brussels terror attacks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Views sought on new memorial for victims of terror MoD News 0
Rover SAS snubbed as defence chiefs appoint Navy man as Britain's anti-terror chief The Corps 14
S Ex-sailor relives torpedoed ship and POW camp terror Read more: http://www.thisisglo History 1
OMM "Man dead in suspected terror attack" Current Affairs 216
MoD_RSS News story: Perpetrators of Bourgas terror attack should be brought to account MoD News 3
Bunter Erebus and Terror History 20
soleil Independent: "Navy Tests Anti-Terror Capability" The Fleet 0
soleil Pompey News: "Mumbai Terror Casualty Joins Navy Reserves" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
soleil Mail: "Terror, not war, is our real priority" Current Affairs 18
Merlin28 Pope visit: Six men held over papal terror alert Current Affairs 23
B Help required HMS Tamar and HMS Terror History 10
Gombear Terror suspects' spouses can claim benefits Current Affairs 6
soleil BBC: "RAF Fighter Jets scrambled amid Terror Plot Fears" Current Affairs 9
SONAR-BENDER Terror The Gash Barge 0
SAM_The_Man_Dicosta Katie Price linked to AQ terror cell Diamond Lil's 2
S Another 'Frontline of the war on terror' ? Current Affairs 2
Naval_Gazer RN sailors salute victims of 9/11 terror Current Affairs 1
soleil Sunday Mail: "Faslane Submarines in Airgun 'terror' Tests" Submariners 0
PartTimer "Terror arrest close to naval base" - BBC 29 Jul 09 Current Affairs 10
F Ministers 'using fear of terror' Current Affairs 4
HarryBosch The Terror Presidency Current Affairs 0
creddly Plans To Extend Police Anti Terror Powers Current Affairs 66
H HMS Terror History 48
brazenhussy UVF calls end to terror campaign Current Affairs 2
ukdaytona Terror suspects set for release Current Affairs 3