Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our own Little Hitler?

mikh

MIA
NZ_Bootneck said:
No mention that ROMFT is a members only, no guests/lurkers access to membership posts site.
Hmm horses for courses.

And joining is really really hard, you have to do 'things' before you can get in.............

Come on NZ, you know better then that, it is not exactly hard to become a member of ROMFT (even a few booties managed it :p ) And the fact that a large % of the regular ROMFT membership are also members of RR (and include some of the regulars who have 'discussions' with certain moderators on RR) should, and in my eyes blows you comment right out of the water, or in this case uses turns the horses in to steaks. :roll:

mikh said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
No mention that ROMFT is a members only, no guests/lurkers access to membership posts site.
Hmm horses for courses.

And joining is really really hard, you have to do 'things' before you can get in.............

Come on NZ, you know better then that, it is not exactly hard to become a member of ROMFT (even a few booties managed it :p ) And the fact that a large % of the regular ROMFT membership are also members of RR (and include some of the regulars who have 'discussions' with certain moderators on RR) should, and in my eyes blows you comment right out of the water, or in this case uses turns the horses in to steaks. :roll:

Lets face it both Slim and I managed it so it can't be that hard.

andym

War Hero
Its almost booty proof to join ROMFT(you manged to do it),you dont have to do anything more to register there than on RR.Once registered and logged in if you save the page to faves nect time you click on it youre in,no password needed(unless of course you dont allow cookies)

As to my complaint,all i ask is very simple,just a bona fide reason for removing the posts and just plain good manner,both sadly lacking from Seadog!Good manners cost nothing after all?

I do believe thet the motto of one of the Universities is...."Manners maketh Man!"

NZ_Bootneck said:
Any complaints re Moderation should be discussed with the COs, but then Andy already knows the answer so that's why he threw his toys out of the pram with this thread.

As ever you miss the point it is not so much the moderation itself that from time to time gets up peoples nose it is the style and method.

Moderation that is open and explained can almost always be understood and accepted.

slim

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Any complaints re Moderation should be discussed with the COs, but then Andy already knows the answer so that's why he threw his toys out of the pram with this thread.

As ever you miss the point it is not so much the moderation itself that from time to time gets up peoples nose it is the style and method.

Moderation that is open and explained can almost always be understood and accepted.

Well said that man...............takea make & mend :p

Not sure the originator can chop the whole thread, it's a real shame though, JHC was the first theread in ages that's made me laugh out loud, and why was it chopped anyway as it was in Lil's?

NZ_Bootneck said:
Maxi_77 said:
NZ_Bootneck said:

And it would have resulted in a slanging match in the middle of the thread, a member who decides to post in CA should be aware that if the MODS of that thread find the post breaches the forum rules then it gets culled.
This proviso should be enough to remind posters to put down the keys to the outrage bus whilst composing their post, post coherently, on thread and in moderate language, so that threads in CA don't denegrate into screaming matches.
While it would be nice for MODs to explain their deletions there are some points.
1) Deep down the poster will know why the post has been deleted.
2) Nowhere in the forum or site rules does it state that a MOD must explain his/her decision for deletions.
The poster has the right to complain to the COs.

And it is just that very attitude by some moderators that cause all the aggro, yes tyhey have the right to do it but that does not mean it is the best way. Equaly proper explanations are more likely to gain support for the moderators action rather than upset, and help more people avoid incurring the moderators wrath in the future.

The reality is that we do not need that much moderation other than the odd visiting weirdo, but when it does happen we have a dust up which inmost cases could be better handled.

Being a moderator is not the authority to behave in a way that disrespects all the other site members.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
And while we're all asking, who & why was my "24hr RN helpline" thread cut from Lils a while back?

It's a fcuking chopfest recently, if people want this to slow down to ROMFT levels of visitors, with purely G-spot dits and newbies then this is certainly the way to go.

By doing this, especially in Lil's, RR is in serious danger of losing it's lifeblood.

X.R.D

War Hero
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
It's a fcuking chopfest recently, if people want this to slow down to ROMFT levels of visitors, with purely G-spot dits and newbies then this is certainly the way to go.

By doing this, especially in Lil's, RR is in serious danger of losing it's lifeblood.

I've been saying this for donkies mate!!

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Time for the people to rise up,,,,,

Who's with me comrades,,,,,,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Boost for families wishing to build their own home MoD News 0
soleil FB: Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity - Hosting Your Own Trafalgar Night/Pickle Night Dinner History 2
MoD_RSS Choose your own Analysis Adventure MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp IRANIANS ACCIDENTALLY SINK OWN VESSEL Current Affairs 4
MoD_RSS Lewes couple who befriended and robbed disabled man in his own home jailed for longer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC defeats promoter who used their own avoidance scheme MoD News 0
soleil Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity - Build Your Own Aircraft Carrier Charity 2
MoD_RSS 200 people to spend Christmas off the streets and in their own homes thanks to innovative government programme Housing First MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government confirms commitment to preventing public institutions setting up their own international boycotts MoD News 0
slim Electric Cars Anyone Own One? Which is the best type to Buy? Current Affairs 21
MoD_RSS Guatemala holds its own Business and Human Rights Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Addressing the Syrian government's persecution of its own people MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Woman who robbed her own grandfather jailed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: £1 million funding for communities to create their own pocket parks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Scientists move away from the keyboard to beat cyber attackers at their own game MoD News 0
R If you own a horse the BWO has to look after it? UPO 11
MoD_RSS Speech: Putin’s sinister threats and lies extend far beyond his own country: article by Boris Johnson MoD News 0
Chicogiz Chicojizz’s Very Own Bucket of Shit. The Gash Barge 95
Rover We look after our own. The Corps 3
BillyNoMates Every Forum should have its' own theme music. The Gash Barge 1
slim Who Wants their own copy of Patrick O'brians Red Sailor? The Book Club 16
u04elw2 My own GP doing my medical?! Health & Fitness 2
D how do I trace my own history in the RMR? The Corps 1
scouse Art Nalls to fly his own SHAR The Fleet Air Arm 12
tiddlyoggy Brit murders his own kids and escapes on ROLLER SKATES!! Diamond Lil's 24
trelawney126 Deserves a Special Place of his Own Submariners 4
SONAR-BENDER Walt with his own U Boat........ Diamond Lil's 8
deusex Stealing from your own guys Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 63
C Make your own cartoons Diamond Lil's 8
soleil Pompey News: "Navy Launches Its Own Toy Type 45 Destroyer"" The Fleet 29
sgtpepperband Defending Your Own Home (Resurgam) Current Affairs 5
T Defending your own home The Gash Barge 194
P Business Opportunity along with advice if you’re thinking of starting your own The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 7
soleil "Politicians Must Put The Nation’s Battles Before Their Own" Current Affairs 0
Merlin28 UK getting it's own version of NASA Current Affairs 20
S Can I have my own civillian GP? The Quarterdeck 24
Seadog Labour Election Campaign Own Goal Current Affairs 7
TheRowan No. 1BWs... build your own Bush Jacket? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R077 Own up! Diamond Lil's 17
Clown_Puncher What is Wannabepilot doing on her own in the chatroom? Diamond Lil's 32
V Baron James Shortt gets his own ARRSE You Tube Tribute !! Diamond Lil's 3
Montigny_La_Palisse RAF at the Edinburgh gay-off- Their own worst enemies Diamond Lil's 11
X.R.D There i was minding my own business and i get this.......... Diamond Lil's 36
sgtpepperband Russia 'shot down its own planes' Current Affairs 4
T You cannot benefit from your own wrong.... Diamond Lil's 0
RonJeremy Eating your own semen Diamond Lil's 21
RonJeremy A baboon rips the head off it and eats his own faff Diamond Lil's 9
Cpt_Black Mice get their own back Diamond Lil's 0
Naval_Gazer Anti-monarchists - your own thread The Quarterdeck 46
Jack77 Time To Play In Our Own Backyard International 5