Our Oppo Pinch.

Discussion in 'Nearest & Dearest' started by andym, Sep 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It is with great sadness that i have to tell you all that Pinch is not well at all.He suffered a major blood loss form his arterial graft a few months back which we thought had been sorted.Sadly a few weeks ago pinch woke up with no feeling from the waist down,he was turned in at Derriford and underwent further surgery .There were complications unfortunatly and Pinch is unlikely to see Christmas.He is being transferred to a Hospice tomorrow for palliative care.There will be updated on ROMFT as we get them.Hopefully a few of us will try and see him.You can leave PM's for me on here or on ROMFT.

Thats is all.
  2. Thanks for informing us, Andy, please pass on my well wishes.
  3. Will do,he is being visited by one of his oppos i spoke to.All in all today is a day i would rather have not had to go through.
  4. Sorry to hear that mate.
  5. Please pass on my sincerest best wishes. I have enjoyed his company in the ROMFT Mess Deck chat room on many occaision.
    Sad news indeed.
  6. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Thanks for the post Andy,
    Please pass on my sympathies too, Pinch is a good sort and it has been a quite place without his direct commentary for the last couple of weeks. Wish him well, who knows he may be back with a bit of luck?

7. Give Pinch a cuddle from me. I'm very sorry he's so ill, lovely man.
  8. Please pass on my best wishes to an "old ship". Best of luck Pincher.

HMS Scylla 1971
  9. Indeed. I wish to express my sadness at the news about young PINCH. A man who always spoke his mind and stuck to his guns.

10. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Please pass on my best wishes too

11. I wish him the best of luck.
  12. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Don't think I ever seen eye to eye with the Pinch, but best wishes.
  13. Shocked and stunned, I met Pinch at the RBLR bike show in Guzz earlier this year, a bon eouf
    Thoughts are with Pinch and his family and friends
  14. Sad to hear, best wishes Stoker Pinch.
  15. Sadly PINCH is deteriorating fast is is now permanently in a highly Medicated state for his pain so knows not what is going on around him. He is not expect to survive the next couple of days.
  16. Very sad news.
  17. Terrible news and very sad... :(
  18. I'm very sorry. Poor Pinch.
  19. A quick Update.

Pinch is not doing well,he is quite unaware of things at times due to his pain meds.It appears that he is deteriorating fast,his Family from Singers are flying in and he continues to recieve visitors.I fear its will be only a matter of days now.
  20. Andy

Is it possible for him to be told that the Rum Ration crowd are all sending him their love?