Our favourite photos of 2007

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by HarryBosch, Dec 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One photo from each member. It could be one of your own or one drawn from the news or any other media. It could be something funny, something serious, something personal, or whatever. Please feel free to give a brief reason for your choice. Once pasted please use 'Preview' to make sure it is not so massive that viewers have to over-use the horizontal and vertical scroll bars, as it spoils the enjoyment.

Here's one to get the ball rolling. It's Royal practising their explosive entry drills in Afghanistan prior to deploying out in the field. Imagine the thrill of going from thunderflashes to this for the very first time!

[​IMG]

:thumright:
    Edited to make the intro a little clearer.

2. I have replaced my previous picture with this one:

[​IMG]

I think it shows rather well just what we service personnel are defending :(

3. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I thought this was a fantastic picture, won 1st Prize in "People in the News" category of the World Press Photo competition, taken by Oded Balilty, Israel, The Associated Press :

[​IMG]

4. Looks like it's just you and me, Chief.
    Here's a general link to pics categorised by suject ie news, sporting events, etc to help RumRats get going.
    2007 Pictures

5. [align=center][​IMG][/align]

[align=center]TEDDY 1987-2007 RIP[/align]

6. this picture will stay in my memory for the rest of my days,may 26th i got out of this "e-wmik" with only 8 broken bones and 2 scars ...very lucky
    [​IMG]

7. 'kinell mate!

Well escaped.

8. BLESS

9. Guardian Angel must have been on full alert that day! :whew:

10. Psalms 91:3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

I can see he is poised for a Ushiro Hiji Ate [Backwards Elbow strike] the hand is coming out of the pocket. Then stops and thinks. Not with my best suit on!!

Yep we all meet this shite daily do we not. It is universal.

11. awwwwwwwwwwwww GR...
    hows poor Ralfy taking this....he must miss him.. as no doubt you do...xx

12. Was the vehicle in that state when the MOD delivered it or after the attack? ;)

Pongoshaggy :worship:

13. Paris Hilton going on "Vacation" !

[​IMG]

14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You should've joined the navy Shaggy: a trained Matelot (well some of them) would've noticed that your starboard forward wheel was missing & the steering wheel may have needed adjusting a bit. I'm sure your starboard headlight needs re-aligning also. Every matelot will religiously check the vehicle before they set off mate, thus minimising the risk.

Seriously: Hope you're on the mend mate- carry on trashing Mr Blobbs.

15. heys guys leave the driving to us ,we will leave the boats to you,it was a good landy never let us down,clean the air filter every stop an she was awesome !

16. No need to say anything about this beauty.

[​IMG]

Katherine Jenkins

17. Nothing as dramatic as Pongoshaggy's vehicle, but after lots of studying and times when my sanity seemed to be called into question, last year I made FILEX and this year I was promoted to Team Leader. Here is a piccie of the girls during Children in Need - Dress down, Bling Up Day.

[​IMG]

18. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Woman driver I presume, Shaggy :thumright:

19. The Summer of '07. The City of Hull is underwater and one man
    gets his picture taken. 4 hours with his foot trapped in a makeshift
    drain cover, and everyone said "There was nothing we could do".

[​IMG]