Our favourite photos of 2007

One photo from each member. It could be one of your own or one drawn from the news or any other media. It could be something funny, something serious, something personal, or whatever. Please feel free to give a brief reason for your choice. Once pasted please use 'Preview' to make sure it is not so massive that viewers have to over-use the horizontal and vertical scroll bars, as it spoils the enjoyment.

Here's one to get the ball rolling. It's Royal practising their explosive entry drills in Afghanistan prior to deploying out in the field. Imagine the thrill of going from thunderflashes to this for the very first time!

:thumright:
Edited to make the intro a little clearer.

chieftiff

War Hero
I thought this was a fantastic picture, won 1st Prize in "People in the News" category of the World Press Photo competition, taken by Oded Balilty, Israel, The Associated Press :

pongoshaggy

Lantern Swinger
this picture will stay in my memory for the rest of my days,may 26th i got out of this "e-wmik" with only 8 broken bones and 2 scars ...very lucky

Lamri said:
I have replaced my previous picture with this one:

I think it shows rather well just what we service personnel are defending :(
Psalms 91:3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

I can see he is poised for a Ushiro Hiji Ate [Backwards Elbow strike] the hand is coming out of the pocket. Then stops and thinks. Not with my best suit on!!

Yep we all meet this shite daily do we not. It is universal.

pongoshaggy said:
this picture will stay in my memory for the rest of my days,may 26th i got out of this "e-wmik" with only 8 broken bones and 2 scars ...very lucky
Was the vehicle in that state when the MOD delivered it or after the attack? ;)

Pongoshaggy :worship:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
pongoshaggy said:
You should've joined the navy Shaggy: a trained Matelot (well some of them) would've noticed that your starboard forward wheel was missing & the steering wheel may have needed adjusting a bit. I'm sure your starboard headlight needs re-aligning also. Every matelot will religiously check the vehicle before they set off mate, thus minimising the risk.

Seriously: Hope you're on the mend mate- carry on trashing Mr Blobbs.

pongoshaggy

Lantern Swinger
heys guys leave the driving to us ,we will leave the boats to you,it was a good landy never let us down,clean the air filter every stop an she was awesome !

Nothing as dramatic as Pongoshaggy's vehicle, but after lots of studying and times when my sanity seemed to be called into question, last year I made FILEX and this year I was promoted to Team Leader. Here is a piccie of the girls during Children in Need - Dress down, Bling Up Day.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
pongoshaggy said:
Woman driver I presume, Shaggy :thumright:

The Summer of '07. The City of Hull is underwater and one man
gets his picture taken. 4 hours with his foot trapped in a makeshift
drain cover, and everyone said "There was nothing we could do".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fishmiester Diamond Lil's 149
B Submariners 84
le_jaq Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 340