Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Osprey

Inglefield. Just for clarity!

The 'Cove' PH hasn't closed. The Beach on the road 'Chesil' has as has the Victoria Lodge PH in Viccy Square.

The Cove is still a thriving almost 'posh' (ish) watering hole these days.

Inglefield. Just for clarity!

The 'Cove' PH hasn't closed. The Beach on the road 'Chesil' has as has the Victoria Lodge PH in Viccy Square.

The Cove is still a thriving almost 'posh' (ish) watering hole these days.

Thanks Waspie, with hindsight I see that I misread your original dit. Glad to know the Cove is `alive and well` -might just drop in there later in the year for a pint and old time`s sake!!

I tend not to go into the Cove anymore. After a visit quite a while ago, the party I was with moved from our table in the restaurant into the bar.

Just as we got to the bar the window in the restaurant was smashed when it was hit by a huge goffer, the place was awash in a second. Things have changed since but I still haven't returned - don't know why really!

I tend not to go into the Cove anymore. After a visit quite a while ago, the party I was with moved from our table in the restaurant into the bar.

Just as we got to the bar the window in the restaurant was smashed when it was hit by a huge goffer, the place was awash in a second. Things have changed since but I still haven't returned - don't know why really!

Must have been one big goffer - sorry you got your feet wet! Talking of "goffers", do you remember those disgusting tasting "Carter`s Goffers" which were sold on board ship and purported to be a soft drink? Yuk!!

Latest Threads