OSB (outer spit buoy)

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by creakin, May 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi to everyone....

OSB (outer spit buoy) is the buoy where specials normally fall in and out at pompey for all you guzz ratings.

Anywayz two weeks ago whilst visiting pompey (yes it was me causing traffic jams towing my caravan), I was standing on Sally Port with the wifey, reminiscing old times and she said how many times you been past OSB then. I replied fcuk knows must be at least 100.

So heres the question - how many times (honestly NOW) you been past OSB ?

2. Like you shipmate, I didn't keep a record but I guess it would probably run to about a hundred as well.

Additionally I probably passed under the bridges in Rosyth twice as many times - was based there longer

It begs the question for us old timers. - How many times do you suppose we closed up as specials ?

3. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Do you know, in all my years I never kept a record either, but I know it was exactly none. I always fly on and off!

(That's not quite true but thought I'd give you some ammo to have a go at the Woos)

4. Too (two) many chiefs(tiffs) and not enough indians?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Some things never change!

Peter

6. .at least a hundred ?????
    Blimey !!! didn't do many long foreigns then :D
    You must have been on the Miner IV or similar :lol:
    Personally I spent most of my sea time on the Star Ferry !!!!

7. OSB Wazzat? Only went to Dolphin in passing through. Spent more time on overseas drafts than in the UK. Pompey rating under sufferance