Osama Bin Laden is dead!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Tomahawk, May 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What a great day, the sun is shining and that twat has finally received what he has always deserved.
  2. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Although it would appear that the BBC seems to think he is a hero and have given him an obituary that one would have expected from a great friend of this country.

It just stopped short of exhorting Brits to rise up against the Great Satan!!!!!!!!

Time the government sorted out the BBC - if the Beeb want to be pro Al Q, or anything, fine - but not with my licence fee.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Never thought I'd be saying it, but well done USA.

I claim first dibs on the publishing rights & the movie.
  4. Brilliant news. About time they took him out!
  5. Wonder what we will get in response of this, reguarding attacks.
  6. Bin Liner today,Gandolffi next. Then theres Mugumby. The list goes on.
  7. Quality moves by the Strawberry Tanks, he will be currry by the end of the day, bone in please Sir,!!!!
  8. Eight years to the day since George The Simpleton declared "Mission Accomplished".

I think Obama just secured his re-election for a second term.

9. Last edited: May 2, 2011
  10. Some may say a cynical view......but the same conclusion we all jumped to when seen on Channel 9 News this lunchtime, another couple of terms I feel.
  11. I quite agree with your comments regarding his obituary, the ending paragraph leaving you with a sense that a great man had been taken from this world....truly amazing BBC:-

'To his supporters, Bin Laden was a fighter for freedom against the US and Israel, not, as he was to many in the West, a terrorist with the blood of thousands of people on his hands.'

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hmmn, that footage doesn't look much like a "surgical, small-scale precision operation launched from a single helicopter" even by US perspective on scale. Unless of course the Seals now have foldable Humvees too.
  13. For once some good news to get up to.
  14. Couldn't quite believe my eyes seeing this. Good riddance.
  15. His house was located due to...'it had no internet connection'

Mother-in-law has been warned :-D
  16. jockpopeye

jockpopeye Badgeman Book Reviewer

Time will tell if AQ has either a future lack of direction without its figure head or is further inspired by its martyred founder. I always thought that it might be better if he died (or was killed) in obscurity, peetering out as hopfully this global jihad pish will.
  17. I bet the first thought of 72 virgins was "Oh Feck! find a place to hide quick!" Good news not just 'cos they got him,it shows that whoever takes over will also be dead meat sooner or later.
    I should think quite a few of the Mainstream tolerant Muslims will be glad also.
  18. Good news, though I wonder how much more in foreign aid it will cost us now that OBL isn't contributing to the countries economy.
  19. Looks like i won't be needing this anymore...

I guess Mr Obama has the deluxe edition. :D