Orphans etc.

Im sure that many of you out there will have memories of foreign ports and hosting parties for children,orphans etc, although it was advantageous to be on a carrier because of the room,there must be tales of what children do or say, though idont have particular memories of them,i did love to see the look in a small childs eyes,when you told him that if he didnt behave ,id slit his effin throat, i take it that they, the andrew, still do that abroad,no not the throat slitting. so any tales?

Maleficent

Midshipman
And to think that even telling children that you might smack them is now looked down on them. Is it any wonder that the crime rate and child support is so high.

With you in charge all this would go away.

I remember giving sand children in Kuwait jollies in the RIB, they probably used that experience to plan suicide boat attacks on US warships.......
Should have got out the burlap sack instead of jelly, ice cream and mickey ducks.

dt018a9667

War Hero
higthepig said:
Im sure that many of you out there will have memories of foreign ports and hosting parties for children,orphans etc, although it was advantageous to be on a carrier because of the room,there must be tales of what children do or say, though idont have particular memories of them,i did love to see the look in a small childs eyes,when you told him that if he didnt behave ,id slit his effin throat, i take it that they, the andrew, still do that abroad,no not the throat slitting. so any tales?
Just ask father famine and the belsen boys they were involved in them all, sure they could tell a tale or two, all I can say was the look in there eyes said it all !!!

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
I remember doing the standard dressing up as pirates for the kids in various places. It's amazing what you can do with a chefs t-shirt, an oily rag and some black maskers!

Did it in Sevremorsk and had to first explain the concept of charity to the local officials.

Father_Famine

Lantern Swinger
Hi,

Did one on the Bulldog in the 70's, anchored off Ramsgate, half crew go ashore, kids come on board.

Weather gets up and the ship had to be moved to Margate, cookie boy has to man the fo'cstle with a sailor, (raising and letting go the anchor for the use of)

Kids throwing up everywhere, (except galley, prudently secured), Bulldog sails around with minimum crew, most dressed as pirates. Lads ashore rounded up by the local plod and put up overnight in the nick, kids got taken off by lifeboat.

Also done them on Gloucester and the Manch, Good Ideas club say, Chief caterer we're planning a kids party can you organise it, get some volunteers and a programme.

Yes Sir, says I, (thinks F*ck, sh1t, b*stard ) of course , how many of little darlings

Cheers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Internal only RFA job (helicopter controller/supply chain etc). Which branch? RFA 0
SONAR-BENDER Ratsroden, Jackmehearty, Norman etc Diamond Lil's 4
soleil Cape{town}etc: "The Legendary Tale Of Just Nuisance" History 8
MoD_RSS Publication of reports under the Northern Ireland (Executive Formation etc) Act 2019 MoD News 0
S Potential RFA Officers - I'm happy to share my 2019 experience of interview process, BRNC, etc. RFA 16
Ballistic Like/funny/don't like etc. facility not working. Site Issues 13
A BFPO NUMBERS ETC FOR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS ETC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
A Payment of rent/Phone bill etc while training Joining the Royal Navy 11
NateDogg Aircraft Handler Pay/ typical working week hours etc? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
mikh Petition to give NI soldiers the same immunity from prosecution as IRA, etc Current Affairs 10
Pascal Questions regarding officer application (Timeline etc.) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
S AIB - WELLBECK ETC. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
Wightsparker Battle of Britain Spitfires etc Current Affairs 7
H Ready to start training on 3rd Oct 2015 after passing all medicals fitness etc but had a call 3 week Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
G Fitness/training/diet etc RFA 7
SONAR-BENDER PTSD, Depression etc Health & Fitness 0
H Medical AIB (as in Nurse Doctors etc) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
B Accommodation for Officers (Pilots, Aircrew etc.)? The Fleet Air Arm 11
B AET Maths and Exams Etc. The Fleet Air Arm 13
soleil Mail: "Eating Next To A Church etc - Bizarre Ways To Get Arrested Abroad" Travel & The Great Outdoors 1
SONAR-BENDER If it loks like a duck, walks like a duck etc Current Affairs 2
MG Maniac Piss Poor Preparation etc ... Diamond Lil's 2
Guns Question over submarine escape training etc on ARRSE Submariners 19
B BRNC / MARL etc Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
soleil Mail: "One Pranged Sub Etc - How The Hard-Up MoD Wasted £110m Of Our Money" Current Affairs 5
Naval_Gazer Latest Awards of LS&GC, MSM, VRSM, etc The Fleet 507
daffy1 Household,mortgage,kit insurance etc Finance & Pensions 3
B Waiting times for AET etc... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 58
soleil Do Men Still Stand Up To Let Women Sit Down On Buses etc? The Quarterdeck 62
BillyNoMates 6 on 6 off 6 on 6 off 6 on 6 off etc Submariners 53
SONAR-BENDER Retired Generals / Admirals etc and LOMF The Gash Barge 5
sgtpepperband Flight Attendant Curses Passengers, etc... Diamond Lil's 2
I Convert video to MP4, etc Bloody Computers 2
flynavy Where there is blame etc Finance & Pensions 10
F Kit List - Socks etc Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
Blackrat LOL, ROFL, PMSL etc Diamond Lil's 68
R Joining Up Soon, Any Tips Etc? Sports and Adventure Training 9
Murph Bleep Test etc.... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
richardgriffiths martial arts / boxing etc Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Trigger_92 Funniest Day, weekend or Week etc in the RN ? Diamond Lil's 14
E AET, Waiting Times etc etc Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
M SEA(Res)/AWFP..etc. Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 11
S University etc Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 56
T Veterans in Prison, etc Current Affairs 34
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Pubs of Portsmiff (‘Fleece etc etc) The Gash Barge 0
L Bearings etc. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
Seaweed UAVs, robot warfare etc Current Affairs 1
cadetsmum 6th Sponsorship etc Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
R077 RN Aptitude Test info (rating, officer etc.) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
broadside T45 Delays etc Current Affairs 335