Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Ordinary People?

D3AN said:
Harry says he wants to do frontline service... i admire his bravery, but i think it'd be a bad move.. imagine how much of a target he'd be for terroists.. and what they'd do if he was captured..

Also endangers everyone under his command... more than normal!

Absolutely! Imagine the PR for Al-Qaeda if Harry was kidnapped!! Nah! he's a VIP remember, the Royal Family will request a huge security presence, basically if Harry was to go to Iraq, he'd be kept in the Green Zone all the time because he'd be a huge target for insurgents. Unfortunately for him there are limitations to what a Royal can and can't do, this being one of them... and most importantly, he would be risking the lives of those under his command!

I admire his enthusiasm though.

These boys have inherited their mother's common touch, but they are 2nd and 3rd in line to the throne and cannot be risked in a hot operational environment. If they were lost it'd mean that eejit golfer would be back in with a shout!

Of course, if UK plc were to subscribe to equality (sorry, Lingyai!!) Princess Anne would be next in line after Chuck, which would be a much better bet, given her Mum's track record!

come_the_day said:
Of course, if UK plc were to subscribe to equality (sorry, Lingyai!!) Princess Anne would be next in line after Chuck, which would be a much better bet, given her Mum's track record!
What has her Mum done wrong?

come_the_day said:
These boys have inherited their mother's common touch, but they are 2nd and 3rd in line to the throne and cannot be risked in a hot operational environment. If they were lost it'd mean that eejit golfer would be back in with a shout!

I think really we worry too much about security for both royalty and polititians, if they are in the army theyy go where the army goes. If we lose the odd one here and there that is life, there are plenty more.

Peter

come_the_day said:

As mentioned before, Andy wewnt to the Falklands (and he was in the biggest target possible for the Argies) when he was still second in line. They would probaby be a target, I agree, but I don't think they'd live it down if they didn't gp (if William goes AAC as rumoured it'll be some time before he comes out of training anyway).

At least our royals, aristoracy etc have traditionally done their bit - in the US it's very different I understand.

come_the_day said:

Why? Charles was 1st born, his first born then succeeds. Even if we did have 'equality', it would still be the same.

PartTimer said:
Why? Charles was 1st born, his first born then succeeds. Even if we did have 'equality', it would still be the same.

The hypothesis was that both his boys were killed on ops, thus allowing Andrew back as 2nd in line, due to male primacy. I don't really care, as the whole ish is anachronistic in the extreme, but this is a discussion forum!

I served on HMS Edinburgh as CCMEA(M) whilst Andy was on there. As a rule he was okay and was well liked enough to have his own bar number in the mess.

His Missus however was not liked at all being a selfish snobby bitch.

I have the dubious honour of once telling HRH to Fcuk off ......I have more important things to do than get chippy to move your sat phone yet again !
(This after about the fifth sat phone move in his cabin cos he couldn't decide where he liked it best !)

When he went on draft, Rosyth dockyard got a coat of paint and the road got resurfaced cos his mum came to pick him up !

Must be the biggest and most expensive drafting run I ever saw !

come_the_day said:

Yeah I like that idea, Anne ahs a bit more CDF than Charlie that's for sure

Latest Threads