Order..... Order!

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by thingy, May 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Order.... Order!

Just for some lighthearted fun :biggrin: I thought we might like to follow Mr Speaker's announcement of his forthcoming retirement, with our own elections for the House of Rum (RR's very own, imaginary legislature). The offices up for grabs and who is eligible for nomination, follow:

1) Mr Speaker (open to males & females)

You may each nominate ONE candidate who is an member of RR, briefly stating your reasons for doing so, in complience with House Of Rum Standing Order no.1. The job of Speaker is open to ANY RR member.

2) Daddy (or Mummy) of the House

You may each nominate ONE candidate who is a SENIOR member of RR, briefly stating your reasons for doing so, in complience with House Of Rum Standing Order no.1A. The job of House Dad/Mum is open to any SENIOR RR member.

3) Baby of the House

You may each nominate ONE candidate who is a JUNIOR member of RR, briefly stating your reasons for doing so, in complience with House Of Rum Standing Order no.1A(1). The job of Baby of the House is open to any NOOBY RR member who has not yet joined the Andrew.

2. To to start the ball(s) rolling....

I nominate Nutty as Speaker of the House for his championing freedom of speech, liberty and the cause of liberal fundimentalism, his generous hospitality and introducing me to my first bronzed sailor, roasting beneath the hot Sun in Cartagena.

I nominate Higthepig as Daddy of the House, for his unstinting defence of free speech and his growing cantankerousness, a necessary skill for a House Dad. His possession of a sharp tongue, a stern countanance when confronted by bone questions by innocent, baby faced newbies is without parallel.

I'll defer my nomination of Baby of the House until I can find a suitable candidate.

3. Err, Thingy....without wishing to rain on your parade, mate, seems like the RR crew care as much for this topic as the real macoy.......how about waiting a couple of weeks until the Silly Season, then trying again :) ?

4. I'm standing for baby of the house. Just because I can.

5. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I second that nomination!

What an asset for the RN's carrier air defence and future planning towards 2012. Thingy, I suspect you've been influenced/bribed by a bare bum and hairy face.

6. I'm frequently seduced by furry faced persons, male, and occasionally the other sex!

7. Whoever gets it should be a right arsehole as I am standing at the next election and I would hate for all this expenses lark to be outlawed. I've paid for their houses, now I want one of my own which I have already paid for.