Operational pay for Libya. Will they get an OSM (Libya)?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by tomm90, Jul 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

The RAF ground personnel in Italy will surely believe they deserve such recognition.

2. I was not aware that we had any troops serving in Libya?

3. Agree Seaweed and no doubt they (RAF) will be claiming 'hard layers' if they are not billeted in a Five-Star hotel as well.

4. Don't be so wicked. Not all the swimming pools are heated, you know.

5. Stix don't you play in lil's anymore?
    I won't tell the ward room on ya.:laughing2:

6. SJRM_RN, Thank you very much for passing on your knowledge of international law, I am now fully up to speed.

7. Now, the question is, do we use the Libyan or UK interpretation of the baseline.....?!

8. The Libyan interpretation includes nearly all of the Gulf of Sirte, which in effect makes everything southwest of Malta "Libyan TTW".....

9. Don't you think.

10. good forbid them RAF boys don't get enough to cover the cost of them expensive tanning oils and italian aviators!

11. I wish they'd give you all ten or twenty medals during your joining routine, at least it would stop all these "treasure hunt " threads about fuckin bling.
    Go and invade Brazil, at least you'll get a CDM, and then where you place it is your own business.

12. Negative medals=good drafty i always say :D

we don't need to be like the yanks!

13. If these RAF personnel miss out on operational pay & an OSM (Libya) they will be awarded a QDJM next year if they joined up in 2007.

14. Stix if you need a few bob to pay for the new car, I'm sure you have untapped skills to earn it.
    What about "buskin":laughing2:

15. Ships all over the Fleet are realising that they don't qualify for this. Lots of grumpy emails flying around!

16. The big picture being that Gadhafi is still there and unlikely to be going anywhere soon; the best laid plans of mice and politicians and all that.