Operation Yewtree

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Blackrat, May 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2. It's almost comical on the who is next saga. Must be some stitching up going on surely???
  3. Blackrat

It does make you think. I mean, are all these old comedians and stars fiddlers and nonces? I can't see it myself and most of these are at the allegations stage, but there is a lot of mud being flung around at the moment.
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Whilst it would be hard to deny that some of those prosecuted were/are genuine sexual predators, who are rightly prosecuted, there is always going to be another angle to this whole sordid issue.

To be honest, when one considers the current obsession with fame without talent (X-Factor et al), it follows that there will have been "teenage groupies" that used to throw themselves at celebrities (much as they still do today with very ugly footballers, that otherwise would be incapable of trapping their fingers in the door).

For the same reasons there will inevitably be unscrupulous individuals who see the opportunity to gain wealth on the off-chance a random claim will strike gold.

There are also those with some self respect, that would never admit to having a sexual encounter with Saville, Hall, Starr, Rolf or Tarby...and that is why those who are guilty get away with it.

As said previously, the net is tightening & I'm waiting to hear more lucrative accusations levelled against pop stars of the 60's, 70's & 80's.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. AAF

AAF Badgeman

That some molested kids grow up and because they were abused by celebs keep it quiet and may abuse others is tragic.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Not sure I follow the line of logic that an abused individual is more likely to do likewise, although seems to be a frequent claim of many on the sex offenders register. Why not, it's an easy "excuse".

One would think that an abused person was less likely to offend having suffered the ordeal themselves.
  7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

It may be that some accusers are reimagining the nature of historical encounters to realise a profit.

A couple of liaisons were so high profile that the names of the jailbait (and they were) were as well known as the men helping them with their homework.
  8. Seadog

One good thing to come out of this; the prison panto will be outstanding this Christmas.

Point of order, Tarby's arrest isn't part of Yewtree according to the BBC. Allegation or bang to rights, it still leaves the same taste in the mouth...........er.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Seadog

Mod cap on;

Some deletions.

As Mrs Bercow is finding out to her cost, the internet is not anonymous and so, accusations and candidate lists - however comedic their presentation are not in your interests or those of the site.
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Fair point.
  11. Blackrat

I never paid too much attention to the lyrics of that song until it appeared in this thread. They're a tad disturbing.

As an aside, when i was a young fella i wanted to smash older ladies. It was a badge of honour if, as a 21 year old, you managed to trap a 30 plus woman.

Are some of these allegations going to have the "I was in an over 21's club. How was i to know she was underage?" Not a defence, but a point maybe?
  12. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm not naive enough to believe that there is no smoke without fire, however I do KNOW that greed culture runs deep in today's society. As one of the accused has already stated: "We didn't ask these girls their age!"
  13. Seadog

Especially sung by a dude who looks as if he's just dropped in from "Planet of the Apes". In the 60s ( I wouldn't know) the lyric and sentiment was probably seen as romantic and honourable.

Abba had a song with a similar subject. Does Your Mother Know? Mimed here.
  14. I'll have you know, Seadog, a "Planet of the Apes" look was de riguer back in the day......animal magnetism and all that......nowadays its the ....'had a shave last Tuesday look'....back on thread the 'Lolita' effect has been and will be around forever.....just ask Bill Wyman...(another planet of the apes clone in his day)

:munky2:I think the ABBA song is great as well.
  15. Blackrat

Dear Lord. This is practically encouraging it.

Catchy tune though.
  16. Last edited: May 7, 2013
  17. As we know, SPB is from the Emerald Isle......recently he was on security duty at a TV awards ceremony......at the bar he spotted Tarby, Rolf and DLT.........he shouted....'Hey yewtree'
  18. Young Girl was a global hit in 1968.....It was recorded by an American band, presumably written by an American. Maybe it was about a guy who came from Arkansas or Oklahoma and was now living in New York where marrying 13 year olds was frowned upon.
  19. Some songs from yesteryear that might be seen in a different light today.........

You're sixteen.......sung by Jonnie Burnette..........a 30 year old.
    Happy birthday sweet sixteen..........sung by Neil Sedaka......who is still singing it into his 70's
    Thank heavens for little girls........Maurice Chevalier....who must've been in his 60's when recorded.
    Even our dear old Beatles............I saw her standing there......'she was just seventeen..you know what I mean' to be fair, Macca was probably only 18 himself when he wrote it.
    Sweet little sixteen.........(back in school again)....Chuck Berry

....all innocent stuff......and we loved it !