Operation Cougar

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Apr 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Damn!!

Saw 'Couger' and jumped to the wrong conclusion!!

2. Likewise. Had some image of nympho older WRENS charging round Plymouth and Pompey attacking men :p

3. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Only every third Saturday, full moons and bank holidays :-D

4. Ah yes, forgot about that :p

5. Thanks, SJ, I know, but the system won't let me change it. Will try to get it changed.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  6. Oh, I was expecting .. oh, never mind ... bye

7. Hi

I'm a newb and a bit confused about Cougar. Has it already started? According to the navy web page about cougar, marines seem to have already been training there and with them are HMS Sutherland and Albion and RFA Cardigan Bay. I'm confused because although the Cougar web page says that they are there, the operations deployment map and the Navy News fleet focus shows that they are not.

Can someone please tell me what is going on with cougar? I have my Sift interview on the 9th of May and really need to know what the Navy is doing.

8. The web page is deliberately out of date. Its to maintain OPSEC while still giving a general idea of what the RN is up to in the world. Not sure how out of date they keep it but its for good reason

9. Sutherland with a lynx from 815. ******* threaders.

10. Our Fleet Focus map is one-two months out of date if you're looking for "right now"; it shows where units are in relation to articles which appear in the paper. So in the May one Gloucester's in New York on our map... although the ship's alongside in Pompey.

From memory the AIB isn't so specific that you need to know where Ship A is at any one time; they're generally happy if you have a grasp of what it's been up to in the past couple of months or so.