Opening a bank account.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Leo_Tonge, Oct 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I need to open a bank account before I join on the 21st of February.
    Is there a specific bank the Royal navy use?
    Or any suggests for a decent bank?
    Thanks.

2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

:lol: Where have you been for the last year?

I may have found a new pet, stand at ease fatmong.

3. Natwest have 24 hour UK call centres which is useful if you can't get to a bank.

4. Thanks for nothing you bellend..

5. witsend

Not a problem young spunker, you'll find me around to guide you on the difficult path of joining the RN.

6. Leo

Any of the major clearing banks would be fine, really. One which offers internet banking might be a good choice, as it will make keeping track of your money easier once you are deployed.

Lloyds TSB might be a good one to consider as they are represented at HMS Raleigh.

7. aaaahhhhhhh bless. i hope you look after him and clean up after him. don't want a repeat of your last poor pet :lol:
    remember a newbie mong is for life not just basic training :!:

8. Go for Coutts, they will never bounce a cheque so you won't have to worry about getting in the sh1t with the Chief Scribes when you get onboard.

9. witsend

I'm thinking a black bag, bridge and fast flowing river.

10. don't say that. it's not their fault :lol:
    btw, if you go along that path. you might want to add a few bricks to that list :twisted:

11. witsend

If he's asking about opening a bank account, whats the chances of being able to swim?

12. back to subject.
    any account that includes a bank card with link should be fine
    co-op do a good basic bank account with phone and internet banking

13. Hello noob, you are very welcome to have your salary paid into MY bank account. I will look after it for you! :razz: :excited:

You've just gained an oppo for life :)

14. Do they have ATMs onboard as well?

Curious of Rottingdean :lol:

15. ATTN: Leo_Tonge

BENEFICIARY/CONTRACTOR/AWARD WINNER

YOUR PARTICULARS WAS MENTIONED IN OUR JUST CONCLUDED SECOND-QUARTER DEBT SETTLEMENT GENERAL MEETING.

A PART PAYMENT OF $5.5 MLLION (FIVE MILLION FIVE HUNDREND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) WAS APPROVED ON YOUR NAME.

THIS PAYMENT WILL BE PROGRAMMED INTO AN AUTOMATED TELLER MACHINE (ATM CARD) POWERED BY MASTERCARD AND WILL BE MAILED TO YOUR ADDRESS BY COURIER SERVICE.

YOU ARE IMMEDIATELY REQUIRED TO RE-CONFIRM AND FORWARD TO MY DESK THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION'S:

1. YOUR REQUIRED NAME TO BE PRINTED ON YOUR ATM CARD:

2. YOUR PRESENT RESIDENT MAILING ADDRESS (NOT P.O BOX):

3. YOUR PERSONAL AND REACHABLE MOBILE PHONE NUMBER:

NOTE: YOU ARE TO PAY THE SUM OF $120 AS ACTIVATION FEE FOR YOUR ATM CARD, THIS PAYMENT IS VERY COMPULSORY OTHERWISE DON'T REPLY.

WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCIES THE DELAY OF YOUR PAYMENT MIGHT HAVE CAUSED YOU.

BE WARNED TO STOP ALL COMMUNICATION AND CORRESPONDENCE WITH ALL PAST IMPERSONATORS YOU HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THAT HAVE CAUSED THIS DELAY IN YOUR PAYMENT.

YOURS SINCERELY,

ALHAJI. VICTOR ADAMS

NEW GOVERNOR

OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR,
    CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (C.B.N)
    38 BROAD STREET, TINUBU SQUARE
    TELEX: 578761