Op. Olympics Commemoratives.

hookyh

Lantern Swinger
Just curious - Did anyone receive the 'special' commemorative coin that all who deployed on Op. Olympics last year were supposed to get?

Only asking as I only know two RAF Corporals who did, which is odd considering so many were working there.

Did think it was an urban myth, but having seen it I now know I was wrong.

Not arsed whether it arrives at some point or not to be fair, just guessed it may be a case of locking people back in their cages and waiting for the next time we're needed - The old "Break glass in the event of war" thing.

Standing by for the usual torrent of sarcasm! Enjoy!! ;-P

Just curious - Did anyone receive the 'special' commemorative coin that all who deployed on Op. Olympics last year were supposed to get?

Only asking as I only know two RAF Corporals who did, which is odd considering so many were working there.

Did think it was an urban myth, but having seen it I now know I was wrong.

Not arsed whether it arrives at some point or not to be fair, just guessed it may be a case of locking people back in their cages and waiting for the next time we're needed - The old "Break glass in the event of war" thing.

Standing by for the usual torrent of sarcasm! Enjoy!! ;-P
they got a holiday inn and Marriott collector coin, only a travelodge and premier inn to get a full set!

hookyh

Lantern Swinger
There's a surprise!

I originally thought 'nice touch' when I heard it was being made, but thought no more of it until I saw them sitting on the desks of the Crabs in my office, which is why over a year later I'd have thought everyone would have received them by now.

Do get the distinct impression it was just another self-proclaiming bunch of bullshit from the politicians, with them seeing a chance to make themselves look good. (And in case anyone thinks I've got it in for cameron I don't think for one second Labour would have done any different.

Let's be honest we were treated like gods for a whole two weeks (which wasn't deserved, but was very nice) - And now we're all scum again to the politicians and the general population. :)

break glass in the event of war!! ;-)

hookyh

Am I correct in assuming that you should have been sent one but that it has never arrived?

There's a surprise!

I originally thought 'nice touch' when I heard it was being made, but thought no more of it until I saw them sitting on the desks of the Crabs in my office, which is why over a year later I'd have thought everyone would have received them by now.

Do get the distinct impression it was just another self-proclaiming bunch of bullshit from the politicians, with them seeing a chance to make themselves look good. (And in case anyone thinks I've got it in for cameron I don't think for one second Labour would have done any different.

Let's be honest we were treated like gods for a whole two weeks (which wasn't deserved, but was very nice) - And now we're all scum again to the politicians and the general population. :)

break glass in the event of war!! ;-)

hookyh

Lantern Swinger
Yeah, along with a shitload of others who haven't received theirs. As a personal thing I don't see it as an affront, nor am I particularly arsed about getting it - HOWEVER I do despise lying politicians and the opportunity to show them up for what they are is something that should ALWAYS be taken when they do lie and cheat! :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bigbaddog Diamond Lil's 1
Sniffle-Snaffle The Corps 3
Jenny_Dabber The Corps 0