Op Moshtarak Starts

G

guestm

JonnoJonno said:
Just make sure you're all there for any of the families left over here. The lads will take care of each other.
All the more reason to help Hols4Heroes out, I fear this may result in a few fresh cases.

I'm a bit bemused.

Was all the the pre-operation press coverage a warning for the enemy to scarper and thus reduce the total casualties

or

To pre-warn the enemy to dig in with very good defensive positions? Mind you a bunker buster would soon sort that out once a position was found with hopefully no "cost" .

So the baddies are not in effect defeated - just "move along, nothing to see"

So what stops them from coming back? A hearts and minds operation that actually works?

G

guestm

flymo said:

So what stops them from coming back? A hearts and minds operation that actually works?
Partly, also the fact that for once, holding the ground on completion is incorporated into the plan.

Montigny-La-Palisse said:
flymo said:

Partly, also the fact that for once, holding the ground on completion is incorporated into the plan.
I do bl00dy hope so as all this effort for this blinking pipe line from the Caspian sea to Pakistan is taking a lot of "effort".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
brazenhussy Current Affairs 14
Darbi Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
onions The Quarterdeck 16