Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by F.T.D, Jun 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heard a dit that volunteers have been notified if they're needed or not can anyone shed any lite on that or is it a case of wait and see how many knock backs they get and the rest will get 45 minutes notice!!!!
  2. thats news to me shipm8.

volunteers at my unit have heard nought.
  3. OP HELLICK?????? Where's that? Now Op HERRICK or TELIC i know, but HELLICK????
  4. Maybe its a Freudian slip. Hell might appear to be a fair description of Herrick to some. :lol:
  5. volunteers have been selected , not sure about whether they have been notfied, but the signal has def gone out, i suggest you contact your unit XO
  6. You try getting info at my unit and youl understand why its hellick.cheers

7. Sorry shipmates you’ve got it all wrong, its operation Baldrick, and cunning plan is in force me thinks.
  8. Apparently the top brass are having meetings at the end of the month, people will be notified first week of July.

There got about fifteen people/billets going, but there will be five or six roulements.

9. that seems right shakey.
    nobody at my unit has any info (staffy/psi/tc etc.)
  10. dit from one of our top brass: "it's not if you're going to be used, but when" (22/06/06) and he sees his job to gain full employment for all reservists under his control. So stand by for incoming!!
    Logs are pretty much set up for rock and roll, GSSR is getting there, I think, but not sure about the other branches 8O
  11. Several of us at my unit (including me) have been 'selected' and warned off for Ops.
    It has been mentioned where, roughly when and attached to who/what, but i don't think it's right to mention it on her for OPSEC reasons.

Be afraid, be very afraid!
  12. a number of us from my unit have already been told that our names are down for op herrick and that we will all be jumping out of landies firing before we fly out .beats counting blankets i suppose but 6 months at minus 20 doesn't fill me with joy.....
  13. The First Line Volunteer List is out now. So you should be hearing something soon.
  14. Wish I had paid attention on all the training courses I've done :(