Oops !!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by stirling2, Jan 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

I would have thought No.10 was a bit feeble - what about the general who invaded Argentina without permission 200 or so years ago? And lots of expensive bridge disasters, the one in Oz that crashed, the Verazzano Narrows bridge in NY, the Tay rail bridge in Scotland, even the wobbly Millennium bridge. And how about the budgeting for the Dome or the upcoming Olympics? Oh and the capsizing of HMS Captain. And Cane Toads. And the Greek army that marched all the way to Persia only to find out it wasn't wanted (see Xenophon's Anabasis). And Cambyses mislaying an entire army in the Egyptian desert that hasn't been seen since. And Caesar adopting Brutus. And whoever suggested Quintilius Varus to go and duff up Arminius in the Teutoberger Wald which cost Augustus three legions and their standards. One could say that history is just us lurching from one ballsup to another, leaving a litter of 'good ideas' in our wake.
  2. No 7.

I wonder if the Archduke's chauffeur got demoted to official car door opener? 8O
  3. Is it just me or does anyone else get the impression that No.4 was clearly based on an episode of Blackadder? :p

I have to admit, I think No.2 was definately the best one. I want one of those 'wicked bibles'! :twisted:
  4. I was there for number 10 highly amusing. Only time i didnt have to show my passport on returning to gib lol