Only in Wales

slim said:
Only in Wales would you be given an award for doing sweet FA
From what I can read in the article all she has done is to go on a course. She still is not employed. It this is rising to the top I would hate to see what the bottom is like!

SINGLE MUM DEFIES THE ODDS TO RISE TO THE TOP

http://www.llanellistar.co.uk/displ...tentPK=16639709&folderPk=88498&pNodeId=162955
Mixed feeling on this one Slim there are many out there who deserve a award for services to charity but are never rewarded.

It mentioned depression! That is normally the way out for many a person. I have seen real depression in people where they fail to recognise you and are completely out of the game. A depression that breaks your heart when you see a loved one a mere shell of what they once where.

Hope this one makes a difference in her life and who knows she may go on to help others. We shall see??? When somebody is down pick them up and help.

Like I say mixed feelings

slim said:
From what I can read in the article all she has done is to go on a course. She still is not employed. It this is rising to the top I would hate to see what the bottom is like!

http://www.llanellistar.co.uk/displ...tentPK=16639709&folderPk=88498&pNodeId=162955

I know this area of Wales fairly well and it has suffered from massive unemployment, industrial decline and social issues for years since the closure of the mines. I would say then that this young individual is on a much better standing than alot of the young people in the area where drug abuse and crime is rife. Good on her to try to make a better life for herself thanks to the Princes Trust, who incidentally i have also done some work for and are pretty good at what they do

NB

sweeney

Lantern Swinger
waste of oxygen. She should have been shot at 16. and if thats the picture of her, then there is something wrong with her arm. I would shoot her again for that.

nutty_bag said:
slim said:

I know this area of Wales fairly well and it has suffered from massive unemployment, industrial decline and social issues for years since the closure of the mines. I would say then that this young individual is on a much better standing than alot of the young people in the area where drug abuse and crime is rife. Good on her to try to make a better life for herself thanks to the Princes Trust, who incidentally i have also done some work for and are pretty good at what they do

NB
Nuttty bag I have a bungalow in the area and will be there this weekend. The area in no worse and far better than many areas in the rest of the UK. However it has been well documented that Wales gets more than its fair share of social security payouts. There is a far higher percentage on incapacity benefit in wales that England.
Pregnant at 16, her choice. I will believe she has turned her life around when she starts putting into the community instead of taking out. She wants to be a youth worker, could start by volunteering to help at a youth club.
We need more politicians like Boris Johnson who tell it as it is.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer

A Few years ago, a Llanelli single mum's life hit rock bottom.She dropped out of school early, and was unemployed, homeless and pregnant at 16.

Vicki Wheeler was feeling isolated and frightened, and suffered from depression.

Now, four years on, and thanks to the Prince's Trust, the 20-year-old from Penyfan has a home and attends college.

Her courage and determination has won her a place in the Prince's Trust Celebrate Success Awards UK final.

After getting her life back on track, the mum-of-one said she was looking forward to a bright future, and hopes to become a youth worker.

She said: "It is such a great feeling to be nominated for the finals.

"I have come so far with the help of the trust, and I am excited about working with other young people.

"My life is so different from what it used to be."

After joining the trust's 12-week personal development programme, Vicki developed her confidence, self-esteem, communication and leadership skills.

She went on to scoop the regional Skills Development Award last year.

Vicki is one of only three people across the UK selected for the top award, which is sponsored by the Learning Skills Council.

The ceremony will take place on Thursday, March 15. Strictly Come Dancing presenter Tess Daly will be presenting the awards.
They have schools in Wales..?! :shock:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sgtpepperband Blue Jokes 10
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
J History 8