Online Security Clearance - last orders please....

SEP86

War Hero
It depends on what level of clearance you are talking about. You wouldn't need an SC to get on DII Restricted. We are the only one of the 3 services that SCs everyone.

slime_on89

Midshipman
When it says 'Completed' it doesnt neccessarily mean its been cleared etc, I rang up my Careers advisor yesterday as mine changed from 'In Progress' to 'Completed' within a week which I found near impossible, and she said that it still will be in the process of being signed off

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
When it says 'Completed' it doesnt neccessarily mean its been cleared etc, I rang up my Careers advisor yesterday as mine changed from 'In Progress' to 'Completed' within a week which I found near impossible, and she said that it still will be in the process of being signed off

The new found efficiency of processing Security Clearance is nothing short of stunning. Last month I had several dozen candidates awaiting SC covering a period of SC requests submitted from April to September last year. Since they stopped taking fresh SC applications last week, a day earlier than announced, applications made only a week or two ago are already "cleared" and the backlog has vanished faster than a data input clerk could possibly manually rubber stamp each case file: "Bugger it, Taken on Risk".

fishface

MIA
Book Reviewer
I check daily. The problem ive got is they've decided they want my medical records.

Came across as a bit strange as this is my second clearence and they didn't want it the first time and nothing's changed since my first clearence :confused:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I check daily.

Ah, OCD?

The problem ive got is they've decided they want my medical records.

Came across as a bit strange as this is my second clearence and they didn't want it the first time and nothing's changed since my first clearence :confused:

That's a new one on me for Security Clearance, but then I've only being this job 8 years & every day is a school day. I suppose time spent in Broadmoor could influence the granting of SC, perhaps.

slime_on89

Midshipman
Wait....so your suggesting after 6 days im actually cleared?!, Im not complaining but i think the way theyve gone about it is unfair to say the least!