Online Security Clearance - last orders please....

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by joe_145, Feb 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. security clearance "completed"

Hi all my security clearance has just been completed, only took 20 days, thought it was going to take a lot longer. Im just wondering if i should ring my AFCO to let them know, or will they already know?
  2. well done pal.
    did you have anything on your record? even down to driving offences?
    did mine about week and a half ago just waiting on a pass :-|
  3. cheers mate. I got a fixed penalty fine a few years back but thats it. yeh i was expecting it too take a few months, but suppose everyones is different.
  4. well then hopefully mine will be passed soon enough! i know that my two referees i put forward were sent character references for myself and have been done and sent back! fingers crossed now
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Some say, in fact, that I knew at 19:17 that SJRM_RN was going to make that post...
  6. Ninja_Stoker

News on the street is that due to a huge backlog of applications for Security Clearance, National Security Vetting [NSV] (Formerly: Defence Vetting Agency [DVA]) have come-up with a novel idea to clear the backlog that has arisen due to significant reductions in staffing.

Yep, they're not accepting any new SC applications from 17th February until 01 April.

Inspirational stuff, what could possibly go wrong?
  7. So come 1st of April they are going to be inundated once again when everyone who has been waiting since the 17th February sends in their SC applications? haha.
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Good point.
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...or NSV/DVA will do what other commercial industries do - outsource it to other agencies that are able to provide security vetting checks and pass on the additional cost to MOD or even the customer (i.e. the applicant)! For example, personnel who are looking for employment in civvy street cannot always rely on their service SC in order to get a job (either it's job specific or it'll probably expire at or about the same time you leave the Mob). However the agency that recruits them, say someone like G4S, will have a contract with a third party (perhaps a regional Police Force) who will arrange the SC check to be conducted for a small fee, in anticipation of the applicant gaining employment through the recruitment agency. If successful, the SC fee will be reimbursed when the applicant starts working. If unsuccessful, the applicant will have a valid SC check that he has paid for, to be used for other job applications.

I am not suggesting that this scenario is likely for personnel who are applying to join the Armed Forces, but I would like to think that NSV/DVA have looked at other options to alleviate the backlog...
  10. Compared to their previous attitude of "let everyone in anyway and we'll give them a waiver" it is positively inspired.

It's not like you have access to anything dodge during basic training anyway...
  11. Except a MOD 90.
  12. Or DII. Really good at keeping that away from internationals but not if you're an non-security cleared Brit...
  13. It depends on what level of clearance you are talking about. You wouldn't need an SC to get on DII Restricted. We are the only one of the 3 services that SCs everyone.
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Sshhh, don't mention the brick in the public domain :eek:mg:
  15. When it says 'Completed' it doesnt neccessarily mean its been cleared etc, I rang up my Careers advisor yesterday as mine changed from 'In Progress' to 'Completed' within a week which I found near impossible, and she said that it still will be in the process of being signed off
  16. Ninja_Stoker

The new found efficiency of processing Security Clearance is nothing short of stunning. Last month I had several dozen candidates awaiting SC covering a period of SC requests submitted from April to September last year. Since they stopped taking fresh SC applications last week, a day earlier than announced, applications made only a week or two ago are already "cleared" and the backlog has vanished faster than a data input clerk could possibly manually rubber stamp each case file: "Bugger it, Taken on Risk".
  17. fishface

fishface Badgeman Book Reviewer

Wish the fcukers would clear me then!
  18. Ninja_Stoker

19. jus checked mine.... still in progress!:cry:
  20. fishface

fishface Badgeman Book Reviewer

I check daily. The problem ive got is they've decided they want my medical records.

Came across as a bit strange as this is my second clearence and they didn't want it the first time and nothing's changed since my first clearence :confused: