Online Petition (Save the Navy)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by chockhead819, Jan 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I found this it might work if we get a mass signing as it goes to Bliar & hopefully he might take notice.

The MoD is planning to mothball almost half the Navy's 44 warships to cut costs. This money has been wasted, amongst other things, on a war in Iraq we can never win and that should never have been started. The government misled the public and the house to justify it and now we are paying a heavy price. The RN frigates are among the most potent weapons we have. When this is done who will be left to stop illegal immigrants from landing on our shores? Who will seek out and capture drug runners? Who will retake the Falklands when Argentina decides to invade again? As it is we already have 13 warships it would take 18 months to get into action. Act now and sign this petition, for these decisions have almost certainly already been taken. Support the Navy, once these ships are scrapped or sold we will never replace them. Britannia will no longer rule the waves.

Save The Navy

2. Re: Online Petition

That's more like it!!

I've done it now go tell everyone to do the same.

Emailing it to all my family and friends!!

3. Re: Online Petition

Sign this and you'll be lucky to get a rubber dingy from Woolworths!

4. Re: Online Petition

Could you allow the budget to stretch that far, i doubt it

5. Re: Online Petition

More than willing to stand up and be counted! Done it! come on the rest of you, don't let the doubters put you off - if this is all you do at least you've done something

the Walrus

6. Re: Online Petition

Done it, added my monica.

7. Re: Online Petition

I've just added my name.

8. Re: Online Petition

I'm on there. Let's hope someone in authority watches it grow until their sphincter starts twitching.

I'm going to have a good look round that site, as there's plenty more to protest about.

9. Re: Online Petition

I'm outraged. Nice picture on the front of the Telegraph though.

10. Re: Online Petition

Job Done !!

11. Re: Online Petition

Consider me added. :)

Post it over at arrse. They have greater numbers there and are usually drunk enough to sign anything! :p

12. Re: Online Petition

Done and passed on to my callcentre of 658

13. Re: Online Petition

I'm in but we've got one o' them too:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SaveOurWaterways/

Ours has been running for a while. We know that Blurrr was not aware of it at all, long after it started.

I'm not sure that online petitions work beyond making us think we're doing something.

What is far more effective is separately writing to your MP.... not a prewritten template but an individually worded letter. In most cases they have to respond when they get inundated.... and they can ask questions and demand answers.

www.WriteToThem.com

14. Re: Online Petition

Done!

15. Re: Online Petition

Job jobbed.

Keep Striving.

16. Re: Online Petition

I'm in.
    RoofRat

17. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Re: Online Petition

I have signed the petition and also took the opportunity to e-mail the Prime minister from the link supplied within the petitions website, this is what I wrote:

I was going to ask the Prime Minister what plans are actually in place to develop the Armed Forces into what this Country needs to ensure its secure and independent future. There is so much rumour within the Armed Forces themselves and the Media that it is severely effecting morale. I am sure the Prime Minister has instructed his ministers to come up with a credible, viable, affordable and workable answer, I think it is time to be open and honest with this plan.

But...........When I realised that there is no pre-selectable subject header for Defence, Armed Forces or National Security I realised that I was probably wrong in assuming there was a plan.

18. Re: Online Petition

if u email david camron theres a thing for defence

19. Re: Online Petition

Done - hope it has some effect

20. Re: Online Petition

Done and done.