Online Applications - Heads-Up

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ninja_Stoker, Jun 6, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

For those yet to submit an application to join the RN, RNR, RM, RMR & RFA....applications should now be made online via the RN website.

Once you know what job you wish to apply for:

All you do is click on Careers/How to Join/Apply and fill out the basic contact and eligibility details. You will then receive an email with a link to complete the online application form. You will then be contacted via your AFCO and booked into sit the Recruiting Test, again via email.

All documentation is sent electronically, including the practice test booklet and pre-joining fitness programme.

How to Join | Royal Navy

If you don't know what job to apply for or require more details, call the respective helpline:

08456 07 55 55

08456 00 14 44

08456 04 05 20

08456 00 32 22

08456 00 32 22

08456 00 37 77
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ninja_Stoker

A tip: online applications will be processed much quicker. Keep checking emails as all letters will be sent by email rather than by post.
  3. cal

cal Midshipman

Does this mean that there is no longer an initial careers presentation?
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Correct but if you want to know more before committing, you can call the number above. If they can't answer your queries, you can have a one to one chat with a careers adviser. The ICP video is now on the RN website.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. I'm glad I went when I did, it makes it much more "real" to actually go there and meet RM and RN Officers.. Thanks Ninja
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Any idea where on the website the video is Ninja? I can't find it. Is it the 30 min ICP video you're talking about?
  7. Ninja_Stoker

The Initial Careers Presentation is broken down into relevant chunks, so you effectively edit it so that you only watch the bits that interest you. You start here: Life in the Royal Navy | Royal Navy

Then follow the links (Officer, Rating, Reservist, etc), then progress to the individual branches to see an overview of each branch that you are eligible for and interested in. This way you don't get to watch irrelevant stuff & can hopefully make an informed choice.
  8. JCT

JCT Badgeman

How long should we be waiting after clicking the 'apply' button to getting the full application form? It's been a week.

Time to call them up?
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, check your junk mail folder in emails. If no joy, give 'em a bell.
  10. Just to check; I've got my physical application form which I've already got one of my references to scribble on for me. Can I no longer send that in then?
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Unfortunately not, it changed to online applications a month ago. If you submit a hard copy application it is unlikely to be processed. In any case, it is far quicker online.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I've reapplied on the website :) Thanks Ninja.
  13. I applied via the website and got a phone call the other day whilst at work asking about the "interest I expressed" via the website. When I told the lady I've already been through the ICP and had started a paper application to then find out it's now all online and that I wanted an electronic application form, she told me I needed to apply via the website. Am I missing something? Thought that was what I did.. how long does it take to e-mail a link? :sign6: I'm sure I applied as it asked me for all my details and which role I wanted to apply for.. any ideas?
  14. Believe that to be an expression of interest. The online application requires academic results, referees and limited medical information.
  15. Ninja_Stoker

The expression of interest is the one you fill out on the RN website to confirm eligibility.

The link to the full online form is then emailed - check your junk mail folder.
  16. Have done Ninja, several times, will just give them a call..