Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Online Applications - Heads-Up

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
For those yet to submit an application to join the RN, RNR, RM, RMR & RFA....applications should now be made online via the RN website.

Once you know what job you wish to apply for:

All you do is click on Careers/How to Join/Apply and fill out the basic contact and eligibility details. You will then receive an email with a link to complete the online application form. You will then be contacted via your AFCO and booked into sit the Recruiting Test, again via email.

All documentation is sent electronically, including the practice test booklet and pre-joining fitness programme.

How to Join | Royal Navy

If you don't know what job to apply for or require more details, call the respective helpline:

ROYAL NAVY

08456 07 55 55

ROYAL MARINES

08456 00 14 44

ROYAL FLEET AUXILIARY

08456 04 05 20

NAVAL RESERVES

08456 00 32 22

ROYAL MARINE RESERVES

08456 00 32 22

ROYAL MARINES BAND SERVICE

08456 00 37 77

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
A tip: online applications will be processed much quicker. Keep checking emails as all letters will be sent by email rather than by post.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Does this mean that there is no longer an initial careers presentation?
Correct but if you want to know more before committing, you can call the number above. If they can't answer your queries, you can have a one to one chat with a careers adviser. The ICP video is now on the RN website.

SpannerRat

Lantern Swinger
I'm glad I went when I did, it makes it much more "real" to actually go there and meet RM and RN Officers.. Thanks Ninja

SpannerRat

Lantern Swinger
Any idea where on the website the video is Ninja? I can't find it. Is it the 30 min ICP video you're talking about?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Any idea where on the website the video is Ninja? I can't find it. Is it the 30 min ICP video you're talking about?
The Initial Careers Presentation is broken down into relevant chunks, so you effectively edit it so that you only watch the bits that interest you. You start here: Life in the Royal Navy | Royal Navy

Then follow the links (Officer, Rating, Reservist, etc), then progress to the individual branches to see an overview of each branch that you are eligible for and interested in. This way you don't get to watch irrelevant stuff & can hopefully make an informed choice.

JCT

Badgeman
How long should we be waiting after clicking the 'apply' button to getting the full application form? It's been a week.

Time to call them up?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
How long should we be waiting after clicking the 'apply' button to getting the full application form? It's been a week.

Time to call them up?
Yep, check your junk mail folder in emails. If no joy, give 'em a bell.

SpannerRat

Lantern Swinger
Just to check; I've got my physical application form which I've already got one of my references to scribble on for me. Can I no longer send that in then?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Just to check; I've got my physical application form which I've already got one of my references to scribble on for me. Can I no longer send that in then?
Unfortunately not, it changed to online applications a month ago. If you submit a hard copy application it is unlikely to be processed. In any case, it is far quicker online.

SpannerRat

Lantern Swinger
I applied via the website and got a phone call the other day whilst at work asking about the "interest I expressed" via the website. When I told the lady I've already been through the ICP and had started a paper application to then find out it's now all online and that I wanted an electronic application form, she told me I needed to apply via the website. Am I missing something? Thought that was what I did.. how long does it take to e-mail a link? :sign6: I'm sure I applied as it asked me for all my details and which role I wanted to apply for.. any ideas?

Astraeus

Badgeman
I applied via the website and got a phone call the other day whilst at work asking about the "interest I expressed" via the website. When I told the lady I've already been through the ICP and had started a paper application to then find out it's now all online and that I wanted an electronic application form, she told me I needed to apply via the website. Am I missing something? Thought that was what I did.. how long does it take to e-mail a link? :sign6: I'm sure I applied as it asked me for all my details and which role I wanted to apply for.. any ideas?

Believe that to be an expression of interest. The online application requires academic results, referees and limited medical information.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The expression of interest is the one you fill out on the RN website to confirm eligibility.

The link to the full online form is then emailed - check your junk mail folder.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS ARSAC to launch online portal for research applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update on 'Do’s and Don’ts' of completing an application to incorporate a CIC to include 'Online' applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Civil news: training sessions to help with online applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Probate applications made simpler and easier with online service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Grenfell Tower site update: summary and Q&A from 8 December 2020 online event MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Self Assessment customers use online tax payment plans to help spread the cost MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Oliver Dowden's Oral Statement on the Online Harms White Paper consultation response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Companies House customers encouraged to file online due to paper processing delays MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DVLA releases latest scam images to help keep motorists safe online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Review on barriers to online and on-screen assessment published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Online services drive satisfaction MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMCTS online event, 2 Dec 2020: An update on recovery in the civil, family and tribunals jurisdictions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS OPSS launches Christmas online toy safety campaign MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Turkmen University students enjoy online lecture with the British Ambassador MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New public consultation on total ban of online advertising for unhealthy foods MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Asbestos removal in and around Grenfell Tower: write-up and Q&A from 21 September 2020 online event MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Remembrance Sunday service held online to honour the fallen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMCTS online event, 4 Nov 2020: An update on the digital family public law service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMCTS heads online for 2020 Public User Event MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £29 million government funding to boost digital revolution and help keep people safe online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: online guidance for sending hearing fees rollout MoD News 0
MoD_RSS File your Companies House accounts online to avoid delays MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Online duplicate log book service launched MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Academy online seminar: Living our Values MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Probate online: collaborating to tackle issues MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Divorce online: guided by service users MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New parents urged to have their say on available early years support via new online questionnaire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DVLA online services: quick and easy for you MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Grenfell Tower safety works: write-up and Q&A from 27 July online event MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Delivering payments and keeping students safe online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil/crime news: launch of ‘help us say yes’ online training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reseller GAK fined for illegally agreeing not to discount online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS OTS celebrates tenth anniversary with online conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New online register of charities “widens the public’s window” into how charities are run MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Academy online seminar: The market for illicit drugs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Magistrates’ court listings now published online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Online services designed for home movers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Online conference to mark OTS tenth anniversary MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Political campaigning online to be made more transparent under new rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Environment Agency offers online consultation on next phase of the £25m Carlisle flood risk management scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ride Free: new online motorcycle training to improve road safety MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Academy online seminar: Adversity, Trauma and Resilience MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Roland fined £4 million for illegally preventing online price discounts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New online service to improve Lasting Power of Attorney MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Watch the world’s biggest military air show online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Online Repayment Service - you talked, we listened MoD News 0
soleil Royal Navy International Air Day - Online - Saturday, July 11th 2020 The Fleet Air Arm 2
MoD_RSS Korg fined £1.5 million for illegally preventing online price discounts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS SLC Launches New Online Repayment Service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofsted replaces Ofsted Online website MoD News 0