one up the spout?

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by jannerpig88, Mar 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do/did subs patrol with torpedo's loaded in a tube or two during the cold war or the o boats down the gulf ect???

2. Can't tell, it's a secret.

3. Not much point carrying them otherwise!!!

4. There was much more room in the fore ends once we'd fired off a few at the 'enemy'.
    Oops, did I say that.

5. If all the 'tubes or two' were filled, then one might presume that there would be that much more space in the bomb shop for some more 'come in handies'!!

6. There would still be a need for some room to shuffle them. It would be possible to have a weapon in every tube plus one in every rack, but not practical. Having a weapon or two loaded might be advantageous in allowing a quicker response to a threat, but loading them all does not really increase the useable capacity of the bomb shop.

7. so i take that as a yes, a tube or two maybe loaded???

8. Yes.................

9. Or all 6 for'd and 2 aft full of beer in our case.

10. .

If all the racks were full where would the part 3s sleep?

11. PtIIIs on an operational patrol? It's not bombers we're talking about, you know!

12. Our WEO/TI were of the opinion best to have a full mixed load and also the bomb shop full and as you rightly say, if needed to shuffle for an 'unforseen' event, blatt one out you don't need and raise a 126 after! :-D

13. Oi!! I did my Pt III on an operational patrol.
    Mind you, this was in the good old days when blah blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

14. Topstop,

Extra bunks would have to be jury rigged in either the STC's rec. space or at the two watertight compartments within the fin.

(When those part threes eventually qualify the top scorer usually gets the choice (depending on S/M Class) of moving up into the Chaplain's day cabin or the parcel mail sorting office.)

15. Me too. :thumbup:

16. You mean 0020 Coxn s Rec Space. Oooh sorry Opsec, I dont know if its still in force, it was a long time ago.